- Future Impact of Vouchers, Unlike Charter Schools, Is Uncertain. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p6
Reports on the growing role of charter schools in the tax-exempt education bond market in the United States. Legal issues facing vouchers; Increase in the number of charter schools.
- Moody's: Charters Still Risky, But Improving. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31405, p4
Reports on the risk of debt issued for charter schools in the U.S. Improvement of the bond market for alternative public schools; Details on the rating of charter schools on the bond market; Use of a federal funds to guarantee debt issued to pay for charter schools.
- Charter School Deal OK'd. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/12/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32464, p31
The article offers news briefs related to bond deals and issuance in Utah in 2006. The West Valley City Council has approved a plan that permits the city to serve as conduit issuer to start a charter school. The Montecillo Academy has been opened in the Granite School District which will soon...
- County Readies New Mexico's First Charter School Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32290, p22
The article focuses on the significance of the bond issue to be offered by Santa Fe on behalf of the Academy for Technology and the Classics. This revenue bond deal is expected to become the model for charter school deals in New Mexico. Kirkpatrick Pettis has been selected as the sole...
- Charter School Excitement. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;09/29/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30986, p1
Reports on developments concerning charter school bonds in the United States as of September 29, 2000. Investors' key role in raising the acceptance of the bonds; Issuance by the Maricopa County, Arizona Industrial Development Authority on behalf of the Horizon Community Learning Center Project.
- Panel: Charters Will Attract Munis With Market Know-How. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/21/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31165, p4
Focuses on charter schools as contenders for bond markets in the United States. Factors necessary to attract interest of investors to charter schools; Frustrations of educators in dealing with finances; Need for school officials to practice fiscal management to be acceptable in the market.
- Southwest Airlines. // Fell's Official Know-It-All Guide: The Art of Traveling Extravag;2003, p183
A map of the United States is presented with information on Southwest Airlines Co.
- Airline Fight Brewing. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;11/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31753, p39
Reports that budget carrier Southwest Airlines will begin service at Philadelphia International Airport in Pennsylvania in May 2004. Total daily flights; Increase in competition between Southwest Airlines and U.S. Airways Inc.; Plan to build four additional gates for Southwest at the terminal.
- Southwest Goes Northeast. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, p1
Reports on the growth of mid-sized airports in New England financed by bonds. Payment for expanded facilities; Expansion plans of Southwest Airlines Corp.