- HIGH PEAK GOES PINK. // Diva;Mar2004, Issue 94, p22
Presents the get-together event for the gay community held by a new social support group in England.
- AA group for seniors meets every Thursday. // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/16/2006, Issue 986, p20
The article focuses on Seniors Active in a Gay Environment (SAGE), a San Diego, California-based organization committed to fostering a greater understanding of aging and to meeting the unique needs of seniors. SAGE was established in 1980. It is part of the Aging as Ourselves program. Contact...
- Only gay in the village? Gillan, Adrian // ScotsGay Magazine;Apr2005, Issue 63, p17
Presents an article on experiences in growing up gay in a remote place in Scotland. Forms of gay community and social groups in the area; Web site developed for gays; Reception of people in Scotland to gays.
- National Briefs. // Echo Magazine;3/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p28
Presents an update on the gay community in the U.S. as of March 2006. Charges against soldiers engaged in sex for money on a Web site in Raleigh, North Carolina; Refusal of U.S. District Judge Clarence Brimmer to review a gay murder case in Cheyenne, Wyoming; Criticisms against the anti-gay...
- Our bloody flag. McKeown, Kevin Dale // Xtra West (Vancouver);8/28/2008, Issue 392, p15
The article presents an overview about the rainbow banners of gay communities in the Davie and Bidwell Street in Vancouver, British Columbia. The author states that their most prominent feature is the letters West End Business Improvement Association (WEBIA) blazoned across the top. He adds that...
- A call to action for gay and lesbian peace activists in U.S. Kiritsy, Laura // Bay Windows;10/4/2001, pN.PAG
Reports that the Queer Economic Justice Network, a coalition of gay organizations from New York, is forming to declare its opposition to the U.S. government's plans for war and work for peace, as of October 4, 2001. Position on the inhuman and violent acts of terrorists; Views of the coalition...
- Reocognize gays as legitimate: Bruner Report clears first hurdle. Jackson, Ed // Body Politic;Dec81, Issue 79, p9
Reports that the Neighborhood Committee in Toronto, Ontario has asked the Metro Toronto Police chief to issue a statement recognizing the gay community as a legitimate community. Demand of the committee to the police chief to set up a gay awareness program for police recruits; Information on a...
- Artists' voices. Brodsky, Mark // Xtra (Toronto);11/11/2004, Issue 523, p21
Features the Filipino group Student Artists Workers Activists (SAWA). Members of SAWA; Significance of the funding given by the Lesbian and Gay Community Appeal to the group; Activities of the group.
- GET involved. // Xtra West (Vancouver);6/5/2008, Issue 386, p27
The article cites several support groups for gays, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered community in Vancouver, Canada. According to the author, the support systems are divided based on the different needs of the societies, including drop-ins, volunteerism, health resources and online resources....