Washington Locke Won't Run Again for Governor
- Wash. Gov Locke vetoes food-code upgrade bill. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/29/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p62
Reports on the disapproval of governor Garry Locke to the food compliance regulation in Olympia, Washington.
- New American ambassador to China was forced to return donations from John Huang. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;4/6/2011, p8
The article informs that Gary Locke, new U.S. ambassador to China, was linked to illegal political campaign contributions in the past, over his re-election as governor of Washington. It is stated that Locke is the first Chinese-American to be chosen for the key ambassadorial post. Presently, he...
- Locke support Riverpoint building. // Journal of Business (10756124);3/25/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 7, pA2
Reports on the efforts of Governor Gary Locke to provide financial assistance to the construction of the academic center of the Washington State University in Spokane.
- Washington Governor Ready to OK $4.2B Transportation Plan. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;4/29/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31624, p5
Washington governor Gary Locke is expected to approve a new 4.2 billion dollar transportation plan that calls for the issuance of 2.6 billion dollar of general obligation bonds over 10 years. The state expects to raise extra revenue through a five cent increase in the states 23 cent motor...
- Washington Road Rage: Transportation Budget Battle Looms. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;04/27/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31127, p36
Focuses on the dispute between Washington Governor Gary Locke and state lawmakers over a transportation package, a portion of which would be financed by bonds. Details regarding Locke's proposed financing option for the transportation package; Claims and contentions of supporters and opponents...
- You All Are Great. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p29
Reports that Washington State Governor Gary Locke praised the Legislature upon the conclusion of the state's 2004 legislative session.
- WASHINGTON'S NEW GOVERNOR BECOMES NEW FATHER. // Chinese American Forum;Apr1997, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p32
The article reports on the developments on the family of Governor Gary Locke and his wife Mona Lee Locke. Mona Lee Locke has given birth to Emily Nicole on March 9, 1997, about two weeks ahead of schedule. Locke, the country's first Chinese-American governor, said that the event is better than...
- A Speech by Governor Gary Locke. Locke, Gary // Chinese American Forum;Jul2004, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p9
Presents the speech by Washington Governor Gary Locke at the 13th annual conference of the Committee of 100, an organization devoted to fighting discrimination and injustices against Asian Americans. Locke's pride in being the first Chinese American governor in United States history and the...
- A Locke For Higher Office? Reid, Robin T. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);May2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p8
Ponders on the political plans of Chinese American Washington Democratic Governor Gary Locke, in relation to his decision not to seek a third term in office in 2004. Reason behind his decision; Number of Asian American registered voters in the U.S., according to the Asian American Studies...