- The flavor of Southern France. Swengley, N.; Mortimer, J. // House Beautiful;Apr90, Vol. 132 Issue 4, p80
Visits the St. Tropez kitchen of Charles Smallbone, founder of Smallbone Kitchens. Like the other kitchens he designs, his offers a rustic look combining traditional elements with modern labor-saving equipment.
- Cabinetmaker opening uptown. Butler, Elisabeth // Crain's New York Business;1/23/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p22
The article reports that Smallbone, a British home furnishings retailer, is setting up shop in Manhattan, New York, to sell custom-made cabinets. Owner Charles Smallbone has signed a five-year lease for a two-story, 3,800-square-foot store. Smallbone designs cabinets for kitchens, libraries,...
- Psychological war. Spilka, George // Electrical Wholesaling;May99, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p73
Offers advice to sellers of companies on `the art of the deal'. Controlling the `psychological battlefield' of negotiations; Establishment of an aggressive price; Deal's critical juncture; Quick closure; Finer points.
- To strike off or not to strike off--that is the question. Mason, Karen; Smith, Nigel // Chartered Accountants Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p63
Focuses on the options for companies that has disposed of its business in New Zealand. Use of the Companies Act as a means of distributing the capital profit tax-free to shareholders; Liquidation of assets; Striking off. INSET: Summary..
- New Jersey changes its policy on treatment of IRC Sec. 338(H)(10) transactions. Rothstein, Jack // CPA Journal;Aug95, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p62
Focuses on the New Jersey Division of Taxation's treatment of the sale of a business when an election is made under Federal IRC Sec 338(h)(10). Federal tax treatment; Policy changes; Refund opportunity.
- Sell-the-company proposals proliferate in 1996. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 17 Issue 100, p26
Reports on the proliferation in the United States of sell-the-company proposals among shareholder groups. Distinction between proposals with a financial focus and those that address social concerns; Labor movement's interest in sell-the-company proposals.
- Selling and staying--it isn't easy!!! // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun1992, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p14
Discusses considerations in selling a business enterprise. Capital; Added challenge of staying on in a management role; Consultation with a lawyer and an accountant; Beginning of the year as the best time to sale a business; Researching on the company acquiring the business.
- Business for sale: West Coast manufacturer of laminated boards. Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;Feb98, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p120
Presents details about a West Coast business that manufactures laminated board that is for sale as of February 1998. Price; Outlook; Price rationale; Pros; Cons; Financials; Contact information.
- Rocky mountain hunting outfitter and guest ranch. Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;Sep98, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p152
Presents information on the sale of a business enterprise. Price for the business; Description of the operation of the business; Strategies which can be used to get the business sold; Details on the sale revenues of the company.