A last day opening for Nilson
- It's last orders as Goran heads for the lobsters. // Cabinet Maker;7/25/2003, Issue 5348, p35
Reports on the resignation of executive Goran Nilson from Ikea UK in Great Britain. Concentration of Nilson into his lobster fishing; Legacy in the furniture industry; Passion of Nilson.
- Ikea remains king of hearts and purses. // Cabinet Maker;2/22/2002, Issue 5275, p17
Focuses on the market popularity of Ikea, a Scandinavian furniture retail store in Great Britain. Estimates on the annual sales and operating margin of the company; Consequences with the popularity and scarcity of Ikea stores; Overview on the marketability of other furniture stores.
- Ikea puts renewed focus in kitchens after year of growth. // Cabinet Maker;11/29/2013, Issue 5863, p8
The article reports that furniture maker Ikea UK will make efforts to improve its kitchen business in Great Britain and Ireland.
- Ikea's billion pound player. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;11/5/2004, Issue 5413, p16
Focuses on the business strategy employed by Peter Hogsted for Ikea UK's head office in north London, England. Motivational challenge faced by Hogsted; Achievements of Hogsted for the company; Customer relations strategy; Career background. INSET: The Hogsted route.
- Council says no to Ikea in Hillingdon. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;10/14/2005, Issue 5460, p5
Reports on the rejection of Ikea Furniture Co.'s application to build a store at Hillingdon, London, England while a new store is due to open in Coventry, England. Reasons for the rejection; Petition signed by several people opposing the development; Area of the store that will be opened in...
- The way it really is. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;8/3/2007, Issue 5549, p22
An interview with Peter HÃ¸gsted, chief executive of Ikea Furniture Co., on the redudancies, planning permissions, and online plans of the company is presented. HÃ¸gsted reveals the success of his simple and effective strategies despite middle management redundancies. He likes to portray the...
- BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;7/14/2006, Issue 5496, p51
The article offers information about the furniture firm Ikea UK. The Swedish firm exhibited broken furniture at the London Interiors Event. The event was held at Earls Court in London, England on July 3, 2006. It was disheartening for attendants of the event to see such a bad delivery from one...
- Profits shortfall. // Cabinet Maker;10/6/2006, Issue 5508, p3
The article forecasts a decline in Ikea Furniture Co.'s pre-tax profits despite a marginal increase in sales in Great Britain. The estimated reduction of 32% resulted in profits of Â£104.5 million on turnover of Â£1.1 billion. Ikea attributed the decline to one-off costs including the...
- Reversion therapy. Calton, Rachel // Cabinet Maker;4/27/2007, Issue 5535, p26
The article features the Loud and Proud, Vibrant , Metropolitan and Classic fabrics by Ikea Furniture Co. in the furniture industry in Great Britain. The Ikea management introduces bright colored fabrics in the interiors market in the country as part of their new furniture advertising campaign....