Brain Tissue Oxygen Monitoring in Severe Brain Injury, II
- Brain Tissue Oxygen Monitoring in Severe Brain Injury, I. Littlejohns, Linda R.; Bader, Mary Kay; March, Karen // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p17
Part I. Deals with nursing techniques in the management of traumatic brain injury in critical care settings in the U.S. Dynamics of brain injury related to oxygen; Historical perspectives on brain tissue oxygen monitoring; Measurement and safety of brain tissue oxygen monitoring.
- Traumatic brain injury. Brettler, Sandra J. // RN;Apr2004, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p32
Provides information on the intensive care for traumatic brain injury (TBI). Effects of traumatic brain injury; Assessment and care for patients with TBI; Significance of the diagnostic tools for imaging studies of TBI.
- CE Continuing Education. // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p26
Presents a continuing education test from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses related to brain tissue oxygen monitoring in severe brain injury.
- AT THE JUNCTURE OF LIFE AND DEATH, It Matters That You Are There. Alspach, Grif // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p8
Editorial. Introduces a series of articles related to neurotrauma published in the August 2003 issue of 'Critical Care Nurse.'
- Serum S-100B protein monitoring in patients with severe traumatic brain injury. Korfias, Stefanos; Stranjalis, George; Boviatsis, Efstathios; Psachoulia, Christina; Jullien, Gerard; Gregson, Barbara; Mendelow, A. David; Sakas, Damianos E. // Intensive Care Medicine;Feb2007, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p255
S-100B protein is a promising marker of injury severity and outcome after head injury. We examined the relationship between serum S-100B concentrations and injury severity, clinical course, survival, and treatment efficacy after severe traumatic brain injury (TBI). Prospective observational...
- Analysis of resource use and cost-generating factors in a German medical intensive care unit employing the Therapeutic Intervention Scoring System (TISS-28). Graf, Jurgen; Graf, Carmen; Janssens, Uwe // Intensive Care Medicine;Mar2002, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p324
Objective: Evaluation of resource use and costs of a medical intensive care unit (ICU) utilising the simplified Therapeutic Intervention Scoring System (TISS-28). Design: Prospective observational study. Setting: Medical ICU of a tertiary care centre. Patients: Consecutive patients with an ICU...
- Effects of price information on test ordering in an intensive care unit. Seguin, Philippe; Bleichner, Jean; Grolier, Jacques; Guillou, Yves; Malledant, Yannick // Intensive Care Medicine;Mar2002, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p332
Objective: To determine if daily information on the price of common laboratory tests and chest X-ray could significantly influence test ordering by physicians and decrease the costs. Design: A prospective observational and sequential study. Setting: A 21-bed surgical intensive care unit of a...
- Potentiating the problem of delirium? // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p13
Comments on the article 'Monitoring Delirium in Critically Ill Patients: Using the Confusion Assessment Method for the Intensive Care Unit' in the April 2003 issue of 'Critical Care Nurse.' Options protocol in critical care; Considerations in the monitoring of patients with mechanical...
- Potential Benefits of Bispectral Index Monitoring in Critical Care. Olson, DaiWai M.; Chioffi, Susan M.; Macy, Gary E.; Meek, LorieAnn G.; Cook, Helen A. // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p45
Presents a case study which discussed the potential benefits of bispectral index (BIS) monitoring technology in critical care. Assessment of the BIS monitoring device efficiency in the chemical sedation of patients; Considerations in the introduction of BIS monitoring techniques; Medical...