CE Continuing Education
- Brain Tissue Oxygen Monitoring in Severe Brain Injury, I. Littlejohns, Linda R.; Bader, Mary Kay; March, Karen // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p17
Part I. Deals with nursing techniques in the management of traumatic brain injury in critical care settings in the U.S. Dynamics of brain injury related to oxygen; Historical perspectives on brain tissue oxygen monitoring; Measurement and safety of brain tissue oxygen monitoring.
- Brain Tissue Oxygen Monitoring in Severe Brain Injury, II. Bader, Mary Kay; Littlejohns, Linda R.; March, Karen // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p29
Part II. Discusses several considerations in the monitoring of brain tissue oxygen in severe brain injury. Effects of brain tissue oxygen monitoring on patients with severe traumatic brain injury; Integration of critical care teams in the maintenance of brain oxygenation among patients; Details...
- Toronto Chapter. Nusdorfer, Linda // Dynamics;Spring2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p6
The article presents information about the Manitoba Chapter (MB) of the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses (CACCN). The president of CACCN reports that it has been five years that she has been part of the executive of the Toronto Chapter of CACCN. It has been an enriching and rewarding...
- Traumatic brain injury. Brettler, Sandra J. // RN;Apr2004, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p32
Provides information on the intensive care for traumatic brain injury (TBI). Effects of traumatic brain injury; Assessment and care for patients with TBI; Significance of the diagnostic tools for imaging studies of TBI.
- AT THE JUNCTURE OF LIFE AND DEATH, It Matters That You Are There. Alspach, Grif // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p8
Editorial. Introduces a series of articles related to neurotrauma published in the August 2003 issue of 'Critical Care Nurse.'
- Unintentional injury. // Nursing Standard;6/23/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p58
A quiz for nurses concerning unintentional injury is presented.
- Education Directory. // Critical Care Nurse;Jun2006, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p78
A directory listing events related to continuing nursing education in the U.S. in 2006 is presented. Pediatric Critical Care Nursing will be offered in Denver, Colorado on September 20-23. Fort Lauderdale, Florida will hold the Wealth of Knowledge 2006 on July 27 and 28. The Quest for Excellence...
- Education Directory. // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2011, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p79
A directory of educational events for nurses to be held in 2011 is presented, which includes "It's Complicated" to be held October 13 in Michigan City, Indiana; "Critical Care Certification Cram" to be held October 10-11 in Grand Rapids, Michigan; and "Pediatric Critical Care Nursing" to be held...
- Education Directory. // Critical Care Nurse;Dec2011, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p75
A calendar of educational and professional events for the year 2012 is presented which includes a seminar titled "Certification in Legal Nurse Consulting," a Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Review Course, and Horizons 2012 conference.