Senate BigWig worries about pipeline deregulation from FERC
- Oklahoma Senator Nickles. Goodrich, Lawrence J.; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;5/1/95, Vol. 87 Issue 108, p2
Reports on Oklahoma Senator Nickles statement about President Bill Clinton's suggestion that the conservative radio talk show hosts fueled agitation which lead to the bombing was irresponsible.
- Sen. Don Nickles, R-Okla. // National Journal;6/14/97, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p1223
Profiles Senator Don Nickles of Oklahoma, Assistant Majority Leader. Opposition to organized labor; Comments from colleagues; Educational background; Highlights of political career.
- The dark side of the money trail. Isikoff, Michael // Newsweek;8/4/1997, Vol. 130 Issue 5, p6
Reports on a discovered document proposal regarding an in depth investigation of Don Nickles, a Republican Senator from Oklahoma. Goal of investigation; Nickles connection with efforts by the Democratic National Party to gain campaign funds from Oklahoma's Cheyenne-Arapaho Indians during the...
- Product liability on Republican agenda. // Chemical Market Reporter;02/10/97, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on remarks made by Senator Don Nickles before an insurance group in Washington, D.C. regarding the Republicans' prioritization of product liability reform. Assessment of the bill introduced by Senator John Ashcroft on the issue.
- Wanted: Democrat to Co-Sponsor Bill. // Travel Agent;3/4/96, Vol. 279 Issue 1, p108
Reports on U.S. Senator Don Nickles' search for a Democrat legislator who will co-sponsor a bill that would clarify the term 'independent contractor'. Sponsorship of the bill by Representative Jon Christensen.
- Mark My Words...I Mean What I Say. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;11/09/98, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p33
Presents quotes from United States Republican political consultant William Green and Republican Senator Don Nickles.
- Rule clarity a top priority for pipeline advocacy group. Graham, A. Lee // Fort Worth Business Press;3/31/2014, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p17
An interview with Thure Cannon, president of the Texas Pipeline Association, is presented. Topics discussed include a brief profile of the association, the association's aim to protect the interests of pipeline companies and its projects, and the interest to make sure that energy companies are...
- Playing second fiddle. Stone, Peter H. // National Journal;7/11/98, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p1612
Focuses on a bill passed by United States Senator Don Nickles about the implementation of a tobacco settlement. How the tobacco industry responded to the proposal; How the death of the tobacco legislation in 1997 helped Nickles; Implication of the role played by Nickles in the tobacco fight.
- Senate paves way for abortion funding. // Human Events;8/14/93, Vol. 53 Issue 33, p4
Reports on the ending of the ban on tax-payer-funded, non-therapeutic abortions as part of the federal employees' health insurance. Dropping of ban in the 1993 version of the Treasury, Postal Service and General Government Appropriations bill; Proposed amendment by Senator Don Nickles to allow...