N.Y. State Mortgage Insurance Fund Scores Upgrade From Fitch
- Fitch Revising MBS Loss Criteria. // National Mortgage News;8/11/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p19
The article reports on the update of the residential mortgage-backed securities (MBS) criteria of Fitch Ratings in a new version of its ResiLogic residential mortgage loss model in the U.S. The update include reduced credit loans with mortgage insurance and additional penalties for loans with...
- One Bad Vintage Represents 30% of MI in Force. Finkelstein, Brad // Mortgage Servicing News;Mar2009, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p28
The article reports on the statement given by Fitch Ratings Ltd. that the forecast for private mortgage insurers (MIs) in 2009 remains negative as they need to deal with loans they underwrote in 2007. According to the rating agency, the 2007 vintage which is a low point in mortgage underwriting...
- Fitch: Fundamental Questions for Future of MI Business. // National Mortgage News;8/11/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p10
The article offers information on the "Delinquencies and Losses Are Up" report of Fitch Ratings in New York. The report indicates several fundamental questions concerning the future of the mortgage insurance (MI) industry. These include the extent of new capital given to startup companies. It...
- Life Insurer CRE Losses Likely to Rise. Finkelstein, Brad // National Mortgage News;7/11/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 40, p11
The article focuses on the report of Fitch Ratings Ltd. that mortgage life insurance companies in the U.S. could see credit related losses on commercial mortgage investments of between 1.5 billion and 3 billion dollars in 2011.
- Fitch Drops Mortgage Insurance Industry to 'Negative' // National Mortgage News;2/17/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p7
Reports that rating agency Fitch Ratings Inc. has dropped its outlook on the entire private mortgage insurance industry in the U.S. Proliferation of various risk-sharing arrangements; Increased levels of piggyback loans; Concerns of the agency for mortgage insurers.
- Fitch expects more GSE losses due to partial MI claims payments. // Mortgage Banking;Dec2011, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p13
The article discusses the outlook of New York-based Fitch Ratings Ltd. on financial losses of government-sponsored enterprises (GSE) due to partial mortgage insurance (MI) claims payments.
- Fitch Challenges Growing for Mortgage Insurance Business. // Mortgage Servicing News;Mar2003, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p20
Reports that Fitch Ratings has dropped its outlook on the entire private mortgage insurance industry in the U.S. from 'Stable' down to 'Negative.' Pessimism of the rating agency on the systemic concerns that are challenging the industry's core fundamentals; Sources of competition among members...
- Fitch Waiting as CMG Tackles Overdues. // Mortgage Servicing News;Oct2010, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p6
The article reports that CMG Mortgage Insurance Co. has received negative outlook from Fitch Ratings Ltd. due to the uncertainty of the future of the private mortgage insurance business in the U.S.
- A Brief History of Mortgage Insurance. E.K. // Community Banker;Jul2002, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p24
Provides a brief history of mortgage insurance in the U.S. Purposes of mortgage insurance; Growth of the business; Government programs related to mortgage.