Fitch: Munis Backed by Texas PSF Among 'Most Creditworthy'
- Fitch Downgrades Puerto Rico GO and Related Debt to BB. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;2/12/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34059, p1
The article mentions that financial rating provider Fitch Ratings Ltd. has downgraded Puerto Rico's general obligation and related debt bonds from BBB-minus to BB and mentions that downgrade does not affect bonds of Puerto Rico's Puerto Rico Sales Tax Corp. (COFINA) as of February 2014.
- Fitch to Keep Rating Fla., D.C. Loan Bonds. Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;8/1/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 147, p20
Fitch Ratings Inc. announced on Thursday that it will continue to rate bonds backed by high-cost mortgages in Florida and the District of Columbia. The rating agency said the predatory lending laws there limit the liability of secondary market investors for any violations by originators.
- Steel City's BBB Deal. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p37
This article reports that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's general obligation municipal bonds received a BBB credit rating from Fitch Ratings. The rating and an outlook of "stable" also apply to outstanding general obligation debt of $766 million. Fitch cited the city's improved finances due to...
- Fitch Gives AA-Minus to D.C. Airport Debt. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p7
Reports on Fitch Ratings Inc.'s assignment of a AA-minus rating to refunding bonds sold by the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority. Use of proceeds from the sale; Fitch's action on the current refunding bonds the authority initially planned to sell.
- Memphis Sewers Fall. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p33
Reports on the move of Fitch Ratings Inc. to downgrade the rating for the outstanding sanitary sewerage system revenue bonds issued by the government of Memphis, Tennessee.
- Fitch Upgrades Massachusetts Water Pollution Abatement Bonds to AAA. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p4
Reports on the move of Fitch Ratings Inc. to upgrade the ratings of the Massachusetts Water Pollution Abatement revenue bonds. Impact of the ratings on the bonds for the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority; Affirmation of the agency of the rating for Massachusetts Water Pollution Abatement...
- A-Plus Building Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p31
Reports on Fitch Ratings' issuance of an underlying A-plus rating to a forthcoming issue by the Idaho State Building Authority.
- VIRGINIA: Norfolk Affirmed Before Deal. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/19/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32490, p37
The article reports on the outstanding rating given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Fitch Rating Inc. on the general obligation capital improvement and refunding bonds in Norfolk, Virginia. Prior to the sale of the city's $114.3 million bonds, an affirmation for an A1 and AA ratings are...
- ARIZONA: Preserve Agency Gets Boost. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32513, p35
The article reports on the upgrade of Scottsdale Preserve Authority's outstanding Series 1998, 2001 and 2004 bonds to AA from AA-minus by Fitch Ratings Inc. The bonds are special obligations of the Arizona agency and are payable from installment payments from Scottsdale. Proceeds from the bonds...