Sources: J.P. Morgan to Buy Bank One Unit
- Chase Cutting 225 Jobs in Bank One Deal. Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;9/30/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 188, p2
Chicago, Illinois-based financial company J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. plans to complete its acquisition of Bank One Corp.'s corporate trust operations at the end of October, and it will cut nearly half the Chicago unit's 525 workers. For J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., the corporate trust business is...
- JPM Gets Tentative OK for National Charter. Davenport, Todd // American Banker;11/30/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 228, p27
Announces that the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency granted conditional approval for the lead bank subsidiary of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. to adopt a national charter. Details of the company's application for the charter shortly after its acquisition of Bank One Corp.
- News This Week: Foreign. // Finance Week;1/29/2004, p6
Cites the positive response of the world financial markets to news about the plan of J.P. Morgan Chase and Bank One to join forces, in the United States' biggest financial sector merger since 1999.
- Company Spotlight: JP Morgan Chase & Co. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;March 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p33
Provides some insights into the business operations and performance of the financial services company, J.P. Morgan Chase and Co. in 2004. Acquisition of the Chicago, Illinois-based Bank One Corp.; Customer services; Competition; Investments and business strategies.
- The Chase is on. LaRose, Greg // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/11/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 53, p25
Reports on the national campaign of J.P. Morgan Chase and Co. about its merger with Bank One in the U.S. Cost of the national campaign; Transition factor of Chase's entry into the New Orleans area mortgage market; Limitation of Bank One's involvement in home loans mostly to refinancing;...
- J.P. Morgan/Bank One: The Dimon Effect. O'Leary, Christopher; Santini, Laura; Donovan, Kevin // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/19/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the merger of J.P. Morgan Chase and Bank One Corp. Significance of the merger on the investment banking market in the United States; Solidifying J.P. Morgan's position in the bond underwriting market; Expectation for Bank One chief executive officer Jamie Dimon to head the combined...
- Top-Line Talk By Bank One, JPM. Really. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;4/22/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 77, p1
In the 100 days since announcing their merger deal, the chairmen of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co; and Bank One Corp. have seen enough progress to suggest that they could exceed their cost savings target of $2.2 billion. At a presentation in New York on Wednesday, William B. Harrison Jr. and James...
- Outsource or Not? Hints from Bank One's Adams. Longobardi, David // American Banker;5/24/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 99, p19
Since J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.'s deal for Bank One Corp. was announced late last year, industry gossips and financial services strategy mavens alike have been eager to learn where the combined organization would come down on the contentious issue of outsourcing. Because each company has placed a...
- Putting JPMorgan On the Map. Friedlander, Josh // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/17/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p48
The article presents information on JPMorgan Chase's acquisition of Bank One Corp. JPMorgan and Bank One managed to merge their operations and their management with a great amount of caution and what looks to be a good deal of success. The merger that was announced on January 14, 2005 was a...