Liberty Bond Sale May Get Postponed Over Subsidy Probe
- Inquiry Closed, N.Y.C. Set to Approve Rockhouse Liberty Bonds. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31700, p34
Reports that the New York City Housing Development Corp. is expected to give final approval for the sale of liberty bonds for Rockrose Development Corp. Purpose behind the sale of liberty bonds; Delay in board's approval for the sale; Establishment of liberty bond program.
- Big Deals Planned From Both Coasts as L.A., N.Y. Set Sales. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/28/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33340, p7
The article offers updates related to bond market in California and New York. California's Bay Area Toll Authority taxable Build America Bonds (BABs) has been sold for 1.5 billion dollars. New York Liberty Development Corp. is planning to issue Liberty bonds on behalf of the Bank of America...
- NEW YORK: Market Gives LDC Pause. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/31/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33458, p9
The article reports on the 2.59 billion dollars of Liberty bonds for construction at the World Trade Center that the New York State Liberty Development re-escrowed due to unfavorable market conditions.
- N.Y. Lining Up Support to Extend Liberty Bond Program. McDonald, Micheal // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p3
Reports on the gathering of New York officials and leaders on the Senate Finance and House Ways and Means committees. Extension of the Liberty bond program; Reallocation of authorization to support residential construction; Expansion of the federal tax provisions.
- N.Y.C. Council: Give Us Affordable Liberty Bond Housing. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31474, p6
Reports the request to use Liberty bonds to build affordable housing in lower Manhattan by the New York City Council leaders. Availability of housing to families; Plans to amend Liberty bond legislation to allow monies to be used in conjunction with low-income tax credits; Amount of expected...
- Liberty Bonds Approved for Brookly Project. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p9
Reports the approval of the issuance of liberty bonds to finance an office tower in downtown Brooklyn by the New York City Industrial Development Agency. Amount of money approved by the agency to finance the building; Tenants of the office towers; Creation of the liberty bond to spur...
- Four Issuers Rising in Stature as Conduits for Liberty Bonds. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31469, p11
Reports developments on conduits for liberty bonds in the U.S. as of September 2002. Creation of special corporation to issue recovery bonds; Coordination of rebuilding efforts in downtown Manhattan; Authorization to sell private-activity bonds under the Liberty bond program.
- Two Liberty Bond Deals in New York Face Further Delays. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31485, p5
No abstract available.
- Liberty Bonds Get Underway with Multifamily and CRE Projects. Thangavelu, Poonkulali // National Mortgage News;11/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p24
Reports on objections to the approval of the residential projects of the New York State Liberty Bond Program. Initiation of program in aftermath of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S.; Public selection criteria for multi-family projects.