Dow to Close Texas Cracker In September
- Equistar to Close Port Arthur PE Units By End of February. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;01/29/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the decision of Equistar Chemicals LP to shut down its polyethylene plant in Port Arthur, Texas. Production capacity of the plant; Reasons for closing the plant.
- Isopropanol January 3, 2005. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/3/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 1, p27
This article presents information on the isopropanol industry in the U.S. Producers of isopropanol in the U.S. includes Dow Chemical Co., Equistar Chemicals LP, ExxonMobil Chemical Co. and Shell Chemical Co. All of the above companies, except Equistar, produce isopropyl alcohol by sulfuric acid...
- Markets & economics. // Chemical Week;6/16/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 23, p32
Presents update on some chemical producers. Upgrade of the high-density polyethylene plant of Equistar at Matagorda; When the operation of the polystyrene unit of Dow Chemical in Schkopau, Germany will commence; Decline in the natural soda ash production for January through March in the United...
- PLASTICS & COATINGS: Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/14/99, Vol. 255 Issue 24, p38
Presents news briefs on the plastics and coatings industry in June 1999. Expansion of the resins plant of Equistar Chemicals LP in Texas; Thermoplastic polyurethane released by Dow Chemical Co. for the medial market; Move of Rohm and Haas Co. to increase the price of its vinyl acetate products.
- Hurricane Bret Passes Through Texas Causing Minimal Damage. Richards, Don // Chemical Market Reporter;08/30/99, Vol. 256 Issue 9, p5
Reports that Hurricane Bret has caused minimal damage to petrochemical plants and refineries along the southern coast of Texas. Forecast on Bret by Jim Hoke, director of the National Weather Service's National Hydrometeorological Emergency Center; Precautions taken by refining and chemical...
- Equistar To Restart La Porte Cracker. Hwee Sim, Peck // Chemical Week;8/13/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 28, p43
Reports on the plan of Equistar Chemicals to restart the operations of its ethane-propane cracker at La Porte, Texas in September 2003. Significance of the restart; Reason for the shutdown of the facility in early June 2003; Decline in the July 2003 ethylene contracts.
- Dow to Idle Freeport Epichlorohydrin Unit. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/1/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 13, p3
No abstract available.
- Dow to Close VCM Plant in Canada. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/18/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the shutdown of the vinyl chloride monomer plant of the Canada-based chemical company, Dow Chemical Co. Reasons for the plant shutdown; Operations; Investment prospects.
- THE WEEK: September 24, 2003. // Chemical Week;9/24/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 33, p8
No abstract available.