Challenges in Nursing Education Research
- Better nursing care through preceptorships. Maraldo, Pamela J. // RN;Mar77, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p69
Focuses on preceptorship programs in the field of nursing. Factor that contributed to the growing interest on preceptorship programs; Concept of the preceptorship programs; Advantages of the programs.
- FROM THE GUEST EDITORS. Milbrath, Christine D.; Meyer, Jim // Creative Nursing;2010, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p3
The article introduces essays written by guest editors of "Creative Nursing," including one by Christine D. Milbrath on how this magazine will study the integration of nursing education with the nursing practice in 2010, and another by Jim Meyer who shares his experiences as a junior member of...
- Updating the nursing process. Castledine, George // British Journal of Nursing (BJN);1/25/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p131
The article presents the author's views on the nursing process. Although the practice of nursing has adjusted to changes in medical procedure and knowledge, he says quality care and patient outcomes depend on understanding the purpose of nursing. Nurses need to have critical thinking skills so...
- The Predicament of Nursing Education: The Faculty Census. Zungolo, Eileen // Nursing Education Perspectives;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p62
Examines the predicament of nursing education in the United States as reported by the 2002 Faculty Census. Comparison between the ratio of part-time and full-time faculty members; Increase in responsibilities of full-time faculty members; Vacancy rate within faculty ranks.
- Enrolled nurse who pretended she had completed conversion course. // British Journal of Nursing (BJN);9/25/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 17, p1005
Discusses the case of an enrolled nurse who pretended she had completed a conversion course in Great Britain. Admission of the nurse that she had deceived the hospice management; Clauses of the code of professional conduct breached; Written warning issued to the nurse following investigations.
- Will the real nurse please stand up? Porterfield, Linda M. // RN;May86, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p65
Presents an article about pursuing a nursing education. Views toward nurses; Lessons learned.
- Figures show massive decline in post basic education. // Australian Nursing Journal;Aug2002, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the decline of enrollments in post basic nursing courses in Australia between 1995 and 2000. Reason for the decline; Increase in the number of registered nurses in the country from 1996 to 1997.
- Report confirms nursing's concerns. Iliffe, Jill // Australian Nursing Journal;Oct2002, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p1
Editorial. Comments on the release of a report from the National Review of Nursing Education in Australia in 2002. Issues of concern to nursing; Details of how the review was conducted; Limitations of the report.
- CNE questions. // Hospital Peer Review;Feb2010, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p22
A quiz about Continuing Nurses Education (CNE) is presented.