Jeb Bush Vetoes Bill Born in Wake of Water Services Deal
- FVMA relieved by bill's veto. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Aug2005, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p1S
Reports on the veto of Governor Jeb Bush on a bill that carried lenient standards on pharmacy dispensing laws in Florida. Approval of the bills in committee without objections from opposition; Reaction of Florida Veterinary Medicine Association on the veto; Meeting of the association with key...
- New Agency Ahead. Sigs, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/16/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32155, p39
The article reports that Florida governor Jeb Bush signed a bill that authorizes the creation of the Southwest Florida Expressway Authority. The new authority won't be officially created until it is approved by Lee and Collier county commissioners. The bill also authorize Chariotte County to...
- Florida Keeps Contracting. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Feb2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p112
Reports on the possibility that Florida Governor Jeb Bush may award a contract that would turn over the functions of determining eligibility for Medicaid, food stamps and other social service programs to a private company. Reason for the cancellation of several high-profile contracts and the...
- Florida's Bush Signs Fiscal Year 2006 Budget With Additional Disaster Funds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/31/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32143, p5
The article reports that Florida Governor Jeb Bush recently signed a $64.7 billion budget for fiscal 2006 into law, which is 3.8% bigger than the current year's budget and includes record reserves for economic and natural disasters. Fiscal 2006 will begin with $5.5 billion in reserves, including...
- Bush vs. Rail. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31779, p25
Reports on the arguments by Governor Jeb Bush on the high-speed rail project in Florida. Criticality of Bush on the project; Veto of Bush on the fundings of the project; Unreliability of the projected costs in the project.
- Jeb Bush. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
Profiles Florida Governor Jeb Bush. Educational background; Details on his career in politics; Achievements of Bush during his term as governor.
- A Third Bush in the White House? Morella, Michael // U.S. News Digital Weekly;1/2/2015, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p10
A quiz about former Florida governor John Ellis "Jeb" Bush is presented.
- Strict LTC Rules Proposed In Florida Bill. Thomas, Trevor // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/12/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 23, p10
The article reports on the long term care insurance bill which was recently approved by Florida House that would limit rate increases on closed blocks of long term care insurance. People from the insurance industry had asked for Florida Governor Jeb Bush to veto the bill for it will place the...
- Twisting in the Wind? Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/14/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31699, p1
Reports on the reluctance of Florida governor Jeb Bush to help state officials in reversing a legislation that would deduct revenue provided by a court fee that has been used to support debt. Factors that affected the decision of Bush; Provisions of the legislation.