Arizona GOP Seeks Overturn of Governor's Line-Item Budget Vetoes
- Making Ends Meet in a Fast-Growing State. Ewers, Justin // U.S. News & World Report;11/3/2008, Vol. 145 Issue 10, p18
The article presents an interview with Arizona governor Janet Napolitano. She observes that the deflation of a housing bubble in the U.S. has hit her state particularly hard. Uncertainties about consumer spending, the housing market, and the global economy have presented challenges in...
- Letter From The Governor. Napolitano, Janet // Inside Tucson Business;12/6/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 25, Special section p2
Presents a letter of Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano about the state effort to promote expanded economic relations between Arizona and Mexico.
- Do governors get what they want?: An alternative examination of the line-item veto. Dearden, James A.; Husted, Thomas A. // Public Choice;Dec93, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p707
This paper reconsiders the impact of the governor's line-item veto on the state budget process. The governor's ability to obtain his or her most desired budget measures item veto effectiveness, rather than a smaller expenditure budget. The percentage difference between the final state budget and...
- Wisconsin Gov. Revises Budget Bill. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/19/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32881, p1
The article reports on the revision of budget repair bill by Governor Jim Doyle in Wisconsin. Doyle reshaped the bill using his veto pen to increase the number of spending cuts and lower the level of cash reserves. The revision includes tobacco refunding that proceeds earmarked to help eliminate...
- POLITICS. // Inside Tucson Business;8/27/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p17
The article reports that Governor Janet Napolitano has moved the presidential primary election to February 5, 2008 in Arizona. It is stated that the move has put the state's primary on the same date with at least 19 other states. The other states include California, Missouri, New York, New...
- Napolitano in Sonora to talk about business. // Inside Tucson Business;7/9/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p4
The article reports on the visit of Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano in Sonora, Mexico on July 9, 2007 to discuss with several noted people on cross-border business issues. She is scheduled to meet with Governor Eduardo Bours, Carlos Slim Helu and Alvin Toffler. She is also planning to attend a...
- Arizona Governor's Veto Vow Could Delay Bond Measures. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31639, p4
Arizona's governor Janet Napolitano plans to reject a 6.2 billion dollar budget which had emphasized on deduction in educational finance. Continued bargaining over the budget could delay two key bond-related measures, one that would authorize future appropriations to endorse 300 million dollars...
- Gov Napolitano not lacking in courage. Delgado, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;1/27/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 34, p3
Focuses on the administration of elected Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano. Improvements in the collection of income tax; Establishment of a task force to work on the state budget; Her intention to combine the state's Office of Tourism and Department of Commerce.
- Governor wants "out of the box" thinking. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;6/16/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p12
Reveals that a fresh approach is need to promote investments in Arizona, according to governor Janet Napolitano. State capital formation programs; Technology transfer.