SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch WEST VIRGINIA
- Fewer W.Va. Women Getting Annual Pap Tests. Bonnstetter, Cathy // State Journal (WV);5/27/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p13
The article reports on the decline in the number of women undergoing Pap test at West Virginia University Hospitals Inc.
- Hospitals in West Virginia. // State Journal (WV);3/8/2013 Supplement, p40
A chart is presented that lists the hospitals in West Virginia including West Virginia University Hospitals, United Hospital Center, and Pleasant Valley Hospital.
- Hospitals in West Virginia. // State Journal (WV);2012 Book of Lists, p47
A chart is presented that lists the 2012 top hospitals in West Virginia based on bed counts as by July 2010 including West Virginia University Hospitals, United Hospital Center, and River Park Hospital.
- Union Approves Contract With WVU Hospitals. Kasey, Pam // State Journal (WV);1/7/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p2
The article reports that the AFL-CIO Local 814 has approved a three year contract with West Virginia University Hospitals Inc. which include salary increases of 50 cents per hour and health care cost increases of 25 cents per hour in 2011.
- When the Supreme Court talks, Congress listens: West Virginia University Hospitals, Inc. v. Casey... Pelzer, Gay D. // Journal of Corporation Law;Spring92, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p715
Examines the US Supreme Court's ruling on attorney's fees in the case `West Virginia University Hospital Inc. v. Casey.' State of the Civil Rights Attorney's Fee Act of 1976 prior to the case; Facts and legal arguments used by the Supreme Court in arriving at the decision; Rejection of...
- Expanding their horizons. // Modern Healthcare;1/3/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p36
Reports on the inauguration of the second campus of Oman Medical College in Sohar as part of expansion strategy of the Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center of West Virginia University Hospitals. Features of the campus.
- The Emerging Role of Telemedicine in Healthcare. Doak, Mark // State Journal (WV);3/8/2013 Supplement, p10
The article focuses on the role of telemedicine on the healthcare industry in West Virginia. It mentions that the maximization of telemedicine in the state, which was pioneered by Elkins, Virginia-based Davis Health System, can provide the best patient care possible and can even save lives. It...
- WVU Hospitals building new laundry facility. // American Laundry News (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Feb2009, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the establishment of the $7.8 million laundry facility of the West Virginia University Hospitals (WVUH) in Morgantown, West Virginia. According to the university press release, the property will manufacture 15 million pounds of linen every year by the time it will commence...
- Accuracy and Timeliness of RN vs. MD Radiological Interpretation of PICC Tips. Pocius, Stacey; Miley, Kristine; Rockwood, Judy // Journal of the Association for Vascular Access;Fall2009, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p143
Traditionally, nurses placing peripherally inserted central catheters, (PICCs) must obtain radiological clearance before utilizing the catheter. At West Virginia University Hospitals, this clearance is performed by a radiologist. The PICC team at WVUH felt strongly that this process could be...