N.Y. HFA's Michael Cooper Moving Over to FSA
- Financial Security Assurance expands, especially in the West. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;10/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30259, p33
Reports on the performance of Financial Security Assurance Inc. as of October 24, 1997. Increase on its national market share; Attribution of its success to a fully staffed office in San Francisco, California; Benefits of its acquisition of Capital Guaranty Insurance Co.
- FSA rises in the bond insurers ranks. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;07/02/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30427, p38
Reports on the rise in Financial Security Assurance's market position for the first half of 1998. Result of a reshuffle among bond insurers.
- Rhode Island Convention Center Authority Back With $58M Deal. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;6/24/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31663, p3
Rhode Island Convention Center Authority issued an insured, $57.71 million refunding revenue bond deal on June 24, 2003. Credit rating company Fitch Ratings Inc. assigned the Series 2003A bonds AA-minus in its first underlying rating of the authority's debt. The structure of Series 2003A bonds,...
- Bond Insurers: FSA Enters the Guaranteed Investment Contract Business. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p6
Reports on the expansion of U.S.-based Financial Security Assurance Inc. (FSA) into the guaranteed investment contract field from bond insurance. Factors contributed to the expansion of business by FSA; Business strategies of FSA.
- After stop at ACA, Bozzo joins FSA. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;07/07/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30429, p34
Reports on Andrea Bozzo's appointment as director of Financial Security Assurance Inc.'s northern municipal bond group. Career history; Reaction to her departure from Fitch IBCA Inc.; Clients at Fitch.
- FSA premium income up. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/26/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30755, p25
Reports on the increase of Financial Security Assurance's premium in the third quarter of 1999.
- Insurer: Survivors Stand Out in Troubled Health Care Market. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;09/27/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30984, p6
Cites the views of Financial Security Assurance Inc. managing director Jan Weiss on the market for hospital bonds. Prospects for long-term investors despite downgrades and other bad developments about hospital credits; Long-term and short term factors in the assessment of health systems.
- Former King of the Hill MBIA Insurance Slips to Fourth Place. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31177, p34
Provides the ranking of bond insurers in the United States. Downslide of the MBIA Insurance Corp. from first to fourt place; Reason for the losses of MBIA; Placement of Financial Security Assurance Inc. at the top spot.
- Lee County, Fla., Readies $40 Million Refunding Deal for Growing Airport. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p40
Reports the plan to sell a revenue refunding bonds of the Lee County in Florida. Proceeds of the funds for the Southwest Florida International Airport; Negotiation of the deal on the rating for the airport outstanding debt; Insurance of bonds from the Financial Security Assurance.