Counsel's Office Gets Assistant Branch Chief
- IRS Names Som de Cerff Senior Technician Reviewer. Hime, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32077, p29
The article informs that Johanna Som de Cerff has been named senior technician reviewer for the tax-exempt branch in the Internal Revenue Service's office of chief counsel, a post in which she will be working on refunding rules and allocation and accounting rules. Som de Cerff, who was assistant...
- Management strategy shows promise. // Practical Accountant;Jul99, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p17
Reports that the United States General Accounting Office has stated that the US Internal Revenue Service must develop guidance to managers for determining benefit information for customer service initiatives.
- IRS Selects Robert Choi as Manager for Bond Group. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31360, p5
Reports the selection of Robert Choi to the position of manager for Internal Revenue Service by bond official Mark Scott in the U.S. Replacement of Liz Swann by Choi; Capabilities of Choi in handling the position; Career highlights.
- Senior Tech Advisor. // Practical Accountant;May2001, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the appointment of Thomas Terry as senior technical advisor to the United States Internal Revenue Service's Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division.
- EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION. Burns, John E. // Industrial Management;Mar/Apr77, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p32
Focuses on the problem faced stockholder executives in the U.S. Possibility that the Internal Revenue Service order double tax payments; Practical guidance concerning the situation published by the Research Institute of America Inc.; Data on compensation paid to executives provided.
- The chief energizer. // Government Executive;May99, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p65
Presents an interview with Government Executive Bob Stone on the reinvention of the Internal Revenue Service and management reform at the Defense Department of the United States. Impact of reinvention on the United States government; Collaboration with the regulated community; Development of an...
- IRS Extension Not A Free Pass, Expert Says. // ISO & Agent Weekly;11/3/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 41, p11
The article discusses the views of executive vice president Troy Thibodeau on the additional guidance provided by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on its 1099-K reporting requirements. He says that the IRS good faith measure does not represent a total reprieve from the new regulations. He...
- The IRS Tackles Excessive Executive Compensation. Longnecker, Brent M.; Crawford, Christopher S. // USA Today Magazine;May2005, Vol. 133 Issue 2720, p18
Focuses on the efforts of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to address executive compensation issues. Examples of corporate governance and compensation reforms implemented; Approaches of companies to maximize returns on employees; Benefits offered by the executive pay examination program...
- 'Son of Boss' may be just the tip of the iceberg. Flom, Barbara // Accounting Today;5/16/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p17
Comments on the 2005 report issued by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service which covers the tax collected from the Son of Boss tax shelter scheme. Details of a settlement initiative introduced by the agency to executives; Concerns on the complexity of shelter cases; Participation of accounting...