Moody's, Fitch Theater Further Downgrades of Tobacco Bonds
- Rating Changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31340, p31
Reports on changes in ratings assigned to bonds by various rating providing services in the U.S. as of March 8, 2002. Ratings given to solid waste system revenue bonds issued in New Jersey by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Change in ratings of general obligation bonds issued in Maryland by Moody's...
- Moody's-Too Far, Again? Controversial rating practice wins it market share, as in '96. Tempkin, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/25/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 25, pN.PAG
Reports that firms dealing in collateralized debt obligation in the U.S. are accusing Moody's Investors Service Inc. of unfair rating practices. Incentive to investors to buy bonds with Moody's rating on it; Restrictions put by rating agencies on collateral bonds that they do not rate; Moody's...
- Moody's May Reward Miami for Improved Finances With Upgrade From Junk. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31033, p6
Reports the review of Moody's Investor Service rating agency for the junk-credit rating in Miami, Florida. Impact of the bond rating review on outstanding debt; Factors attributing the rating agency to review the junk-credit rating of the city; Account on the general fund budget deficit of the...
- Rating agencies bearish on reinsurance outlook. // Canadian Underwriter;Oct2002, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the outlook of rating agencies Moody's Investors Service and Fitch Ratings on the reinsurance sector in the U.S. as of October 2002. Factors that will affect the growth of the reinsurance sector; Comment from Ted Collins, managing director of property and casualty reinsurance at...
- Terror Concerns Put CMBS On Ratings Watch. Thangavelu, Poonkulali // National Mortgage News;6/10/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p1
Reports that rating agencies Moody's Investors Service and Fitch Ratings have place some commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) deals on rating watch citing terrorism insurance concerns. Effect of the move on several CMBS deals; Factors that contributed to the reviews for downgrade of...
- Rating Agencies: MassPike Finally Approaching More Stable Ground. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31664, p3
Six months ago things looked bleak for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MassPike). Financial obligations for the $14.5 billion Big Dig project in Boston were piling up, and commuter revenue was dwindling. Earlier this year, Moody's Investors Service Inc. downgraded $2.2 billion of bonds...
- Moody's Realigns Analysts; Boicourt Named Head of Merged Team. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;6/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31171, p3
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has realigned its infrastructure finance team to include analysts covering states and large cities in the United States. Goal to increase efficiency in serving clients; Renee Boicourt's appointment to the post of manager of the merged team.
- Moody's Changes Cleveland's Debt Outlook to Negative. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p6
Reports on the change of rating by rating agency Moody's Investors Services for Cleveland's general obligation debt issue. Ratings given to the issue by rating agency Standard & Poor's; Features of the bonds; Reason for change in ratings of the issue.
- Credit Rating: A Tough Business to Enter. // High Yield Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p1
Relates the arguments of Moody's Investors Service against plans to accept new market entrants to the rating agency market.