NEW IN BRIEF
- International statistics. // Economic Indicators;Sep97, p35
Presents major industrial countries' statistics of industrial production and consumer prices within the inclusive period from 1987 to August 1997. US international trade in goods and services; US international transactions.
- Director's Message. Landefeld, J. Steven // Survey of Current Business;Nov2007, Vol. 87 Issue 11, piii
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the Consumer Price Index from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) and the Personal Consumption Expenditures price index from the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA), and another on the new gross domestic product...
- Industrial production and consumer prices--major industrial countries. // Economic Indicators;Apr95, p35
No abstract available.
- UK inflation unchanged at 2.8% in March. Salih, Chris // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);4/16/2013, p8
The article reports that the Office for National Statistics released figures showed that the consumer price index has remained unchanged at 2.8 per cent in March 2013.
- RISK SUMMARY: OMAN. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Aug2005, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p8
This article presents information on the political, business and economic risks in Oman. In June 2005, the sultan pardoned 31 Islamists who had been convicted of conspiring to overthrow the government. This sends out a mixed message about the sultanate's counter-terrorism strategy. Although some...
- PRICES. // Economic Indicators;Feb2004, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p22
Presents statistics from the United States Department of Commerce on price indexes in the country in December 2003. Rise of producer price index for all finished goods; Urban consumer prices in January 2004; Changes in producer prices for finished goods; Prices received and paid by farmers in...
- Remaining price dispersion in the single market. // OECD Economic Surveys: Euro Area;Apr2001, Vol. 2001 Issue 8, p172
Focuses on the general price difference between comparable items within countries. Results of the documentation by Engel and Rogers in 1996, based on 14 broad consumer price index categories; Reflection of the capacity by producers in some sectors to price discriminate across markets;...
- Compulsory Arbitration in Australia. Clarkson, John B. // Columbia Journal of World Business;Jul/Aug72, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p20
This article focuses on issues related to the compulsory arbitration in Australia. The author says that by the early years of the twentieth century, systems of compulsory conciliation and arbitration had been set up in the Commonwealth and all States. The idealism which surrounded the new system...
- Consumer Price Index. // UAE Country Profile;2007, p22
Two charts are presented that depict the consumer price index inflation of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from 2001-2006.