Is Paul Anti-Jewish? Testament of Levi 6 in the Interpretation of 1 Thessalonians 2:13-16
- PAULINE EXEGESIS IN PATRISTIC COMMENTARIES OF OLD TESTAMENT PROPHETS: THE EXAMPLE OF JULIAN OF AECLANUM'S TRACTATUS IN AMOS. Lössl, Josef // Journal for Late Antique Religion & Culture;2010, Vol. 4, p1
The surge in Pauline exegesis in the Latin world during the late fourth / early fifth century has been referred to as a "Pauline Renaissance". It produced numerous Pauline commentaries and led to a presence of Pauline motifs in many areas of late Roman cultural and intellectual life. This...
- Ephesians 3:1-12. Berglund, Mary Catherine // Interpretation: A Journal of Bible & Theology;Jan2004, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p65
The article examines the Biblical passage of Ephesians 3:1-12. Analysis of the verses contained in the passage is given. Subjects include discussion of St. Paul's references to grace, the meaning of the phrase Mystery of Jesus Christ, and revelation.
- SON OF GOD, SEED OF DAVID: PAUL'S MESSIANIC EXEGESIS IN ROMANS 2:3-4. Whitsett, Christopher G. // Journal of Biblical Literature;Winter2000, Vol. 119 Issue 4, p661
The article analyzes the Apostle Paul's use of messianic exegesis in the New Testament passage of Romans 1:3-4. Background information on the interpretation of the text in pre-Pauline tradition is given. Information on the scriptural allusions of 1:3-4 on Romans' introduction to 15: 7-13 is...
- The Pauline Model of Missions in Philippians. Amsbaugh, Jeffrey Alan // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;2001, p1
The purpose of this project was to develop an instrument from Paul's epistle to the Philippians whereby local churches can evaluate missionaries who have applied for financial support. In addition to assisting local churches, this instrument was designed to aid missionary candidates in ministry...
- 'RICHES FOR THE GENTILES' (ROM 11:12): ISRAEL'S REJECTION AND PAUL'S GENTILE MISSION. Donaldson, Terence L. // Journal of Biblical Literature;Spring93, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p81
The article presents analysis of the teachings of the Apostle Paul on the wrong attitude of the Jews toward Gentiles seen in the Biblical passage of Romans 11:12. Topics addressed include displacement approaches to the relationship between the church and Israel, readings about Israel in relation...
- New Testament trivia. POPE, CHARLES // Our Sunday Visitor;12/15/2013, Vol. 102 Issue 33, p15
The article presents questions and answers related to the Bible's New Testament including one on First Thessalonians as the oldest book of the New Testament and another one on the meaning of the INRI on the top of crucifixes.
- The concept of charism in Paul. Nardoni, Enrique // Catholic Biblical Quarterly;Jan1993, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p68
Discusses the concept of charism in the Pauline letters in the biblical New Testament. Origin of the term; Question on the sense in which Paul used the term; Analysis of several Pauline passages in which the term occurs; Pauline interpretation of the pneumatic phenomena; Manifestations of the...
- Like as a Fire. Trubee, Eldon // Farm & Dairy;7/31/2014, Vol. 100 Issue 45, pA27
The article reflects on the Book 1 of Thessalonians chapter 2, verses 1-9, describing the role of clergy and the Catholic Church.
- Reckonings in `the study of the Old Testament'. Morgan, Donn F. // Anglican Theological Review;Fall91, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p510
Focuses on issues and directions in the study of the Old Testament. Melting pot image; Consensus about how to study the subject; Development and research interests; Study on the history of ancient Israel through archaeological finds; Literature.