Illinois Putting Moral Obligation Pledge Behind $300 Million of Coal Bonds
- Missouri Utility to Sell $615M for Power Plant. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/30/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32456, p1
The article reports on the plans to issue $615 million of public utility revenue bonds by the City Utilities of Springfield, Missouri. The bonds will be sold in a competitive deal the week of September 11, 2006. Proceeds will be use to fund a new 300-megawatt, coal-fired power plant to meet...
- Missouri Joint-Powers Agency Sells $104M for Coal-Fired Power Plant. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/18/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33082, p8
The article reports on the move by the Missouri Joint Municipal Electric Utility Commission (MJMEUC) to sell the $104 million fixed-rate revenue bond to cover financing for the $1.9 billion Iatan 2 coal-fired generating power plant in Missouri. Under the deal, a $101 million tax-exempt piece is...
- Section 6. Coal. // Monthly Energy Review;Jan97, p85
Provides data on coal as an energy or power resource in the United States from 1973 to 1996. Coal overview; Coal consumption by end-use sector; End of period coal stocks; Definition of terms used in data presentation; Sources of data.
- The world 's largest dry - cooled, coal - fired power station. // Coal International;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 258 Issue 2, p46
The article reports on the 4,800 mega watts Eskom Medupi coal-fired power station which is the world's largest dry-cooled, coal-fired power station and will operate in 2012 in Limpopo Province, South Africa.
- Unit meets ever-tighter restrictions on plants in Florida. // Power;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 141 Issue 2, p50
Profiles the Stanton Energy Center in Orlando, Florida. Ultimate generating capacity of the unit; Unit 2 as the state's cleanest coal-fired unit; Federal requirements for air quality that have to be met by the unit; Start of commercial operation of the unit; True zero discharge.
- PROCESS OPTIMIZING OFFERS PERFORMANCE BOOST WITHOUT MAJOR CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS. // Power Engineering;Feb2003, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p17
Describes the process optimization upgrade at Lower Colorado River Authority's lignite-fired Fayette Power Project in Texas. Features of the Connoisseur Performance Optimization Modeling System; Evaluation of the Connoisseur's performance; Goals for the completion of the project.
- Tenders sought for first BOT plant. // Modern Power Systems;Jan96, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p5
Discusses the Chinese Government's approval of the country's first build-operate-transfer (BOT) power project. Coal-fired Laibin B power plant; Expected capacity; Companies' interest in bidding for project.
- Nation's power needs will increase--Florida shows how coal will be ready. Stein, Hank // Electric Light & Power;Mar1994, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p40
Reports on the generating capacity of Florida's coal-fired power plants. Cedar Bay coal-fired cogeneration plant; St. John's River pulverized coal plant; Forecast on 1994 fuel prices; Capacity of coal transportaion facilities; Compliance with government emission regulations.
- Municipal plant to instal clean-coal technology. // Electric Light & Power;Jan1996, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p32
Reports on the installation of a gas suspension absorber that will allow the city of Hamilton, Ohio to return to the use of coal while maintaining environmental standards. Project cost and description; Comments from Mayor Charles Furmon.