New York MTA's Toll and Fare Hike Was Legal, Court Rules
- SMART CARD. Bruno, Mark // U.S. Banker;Jan2001, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p21
Informs on the smart card project of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Use of the smart cards by subway commuters; Smart card innovation by the transit agency in Washington, D.C.
- ANIMAL TRACKS. Hsieh, Elsie; Dover, Caitlin // Print;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p14
Highlights the Arts for Transit program of the New York City Metropolitan Transit Authority. Description of the installations; Comments regarding the installation.
- Hearing speakers. Crutchfield, Karl // New York Amsterdam News;8/19/95, Vol. 86 Issue 33, p4
Presents a photograph of protesters against proposed fare hikes of the Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA). Photograph as referring to a cover story on fare hike protests appearing on pg. 1 of the August 19, 1995 issue of New York Amsterdam News; Proposed abolition of free passes to school...
- Connecting a New York Subway Station to the World Above. // Lighting Design & Application;Oct2013, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p10
The article reports that the Sky Reflector-Net will help orient passengers who will pass through the new Fulton Center transit hub of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) of New York City.
- How to price MTA fares. // Crain's New York Business;10/22/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p0012
The article offers insights on the proposed four fare-hike alternatives issued by the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
- MTA to Use VeriFone's GPS System. McKinley, Ed // American Banker;8/1/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 117, p5
Brief information is given about New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority's plans to use VeriFone Systems Inc.'s TransitPay system which provides real-time information to train and bus commuters.
- MTA exec to slot fare card for city straphangers. Krantz, Patricia // Crain's New York Business;9/27/93, Vol. 9 Issue 39, p39
Reports on the unveiling of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's electronic fare card called MetroCard. Transition from tokens led by MTA Card Co. president Charles R. Broshous Jr.; Private-sector for distribution; Exploring other applications.
- Get on the bus, Long Island. Durso, John R. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/17/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 51, p14A
The author reflects on the reduction of routes of buses in Long Island, New York. He mentions that the cutbacks were due to inadequate funding by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Nassau County and the state. He opines that aside from additional funding, a permanent funding stream that...
- New York City: A high-tech ride into the 21st century. Vantuono, William C. // Railway Age;Jun97, Vol. 198 Issue 6, p75
Focuses on New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority's continuing efforts to modernize the city's massive rapid transit network. Orders from the Bombardier and the Kawasaki; Technical and design features of the R-142; Improvements of the R-142. INSET: Bombardier R142 vital statistics..