- Challenges to Accreditation. // Perspective (08889732);Dec2005, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p4
The article examines the operations and roles of higher-education accrediting agencies in the United States, with focus on the case of the chiropractic college Life University in Georgia. The Council on Chirographic Education revoked the university's accreditation in 2003 because of alleged...
- Tough Life. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31774, p31
Reports that Life University, a chiropractic school in Atlanta, Georgia, is selling most of its campus to Southern Polytechnic State University, to help retire its outstanding debt. Amount of debt that was issued by the Marietta Development Authority in 1995; Life University's loss of its...
- Country's Largest Chiropractic School Loses Accreditation, Put on Watchlist. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/13/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p5
Focuses on Moody's accreditation rating for Life University, a large Chiropractic School in Marietta, Georgia. Impact of the accreditation grade on bond rating; Factors influencing the decision of Moody's Investors Service to lower rating from Baa2 to Ba2; Failure of the school's program to...
- FIGHTING FOR ITS LIFE. Coppola, Vincent // Georgia Trend;Mar2003, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p20
Reports on loss of money and students by Atlanta, Georgia-based Life University. Period for which chiropractic school of the university operated without accreditation; Factor which led to a decision by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to put the entire university on probation;...
- The Latest on LIFE. // American Chiropractor;2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p52
Reports on the case concerning a discrimination lawsuit filed by four professors against Life University in Atlanta, Georgia. Details of the case; Legal precedents; Implications for policies governing slander and disability-related discrimination.
- Life University Places Third in 2010 Division 1 Rugby Championship Life University beats Palmer College 61-17 in consolation game. // American Chiropractor;Jul2010, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p12
The article reports that Life University won over Palmer College and places third in the 2010 division 1 Rugby Championship in Marietta, Georgia.
- MANITOBA'S NEW CORPORATE EDUCATION. Heller, Henry // Canadian Dimension;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p26
The article focuses on the controversy surrounding the announcement by the Navitas International College of Manitoba, a new college to be located on the campus of the University of Manitoba, in Winnipeg, Manitoba, regarding the signing of a Recognition and Educational Services Agreement with the...
- Life Is Positive. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32432, p31
The article reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to change the outlook on Life University's debt to positive from negative. It suggests that the revised outlook stems from the resolution of accreditation concerns, and the expected growth in the chiropractic school's tuition revenue in...
- Georgia's Life University on Moody's Review. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p5
Reports that U.S.-based ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. placed Marietta, Georgia-based Life University's multi-million dollar outstanding debt on review for a possible downgrade as of November 2002. Reasons for the move; Existing rating of the debt; Details of the bond debt.