Riley's Rainy Day
- ALABAMA: Riley OKs $1B for Education. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/21/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32655, p9
The article reports that Alabama's $1.07 billion education bond allotment will be sold in a number of tranches over time with the schedule yet to be determined. Governor Bob Riley signed the legislature bill authorizing the largest amount of education bonds in the state. The bonds will provide...
- ALABAMA: Bob's Big School Bond. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/14/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32650, p9
The article reports on the move of Alabama Governor Bob Riley to sign into law the largest education offering in state history, which is a $1.07 billion bond issue that represents first for school construction in the state since 1998. The bonds will provide funds for construction and repairs...
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE. // Education Week;03/07/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p22
Presents a summary of United States governors' education budget proposals for fiscal 2002. Illinois; Missouri; Oklahoma; Tennessee; West Virginia.
- ALABAMA. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;2/13/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p22
The article focuses on the finances of the education system in the state of Alabama. It explains that a plan proposed by the governor, Bob Riley, would increase the funding for the state's prekindergarten program. The primary and secondary school budgets would not be but under the plan....
- Legislature OK's Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p33
Reports on the approval of Governor Bob Riley to the education budget bill and the general fund budget bill in Alabama.
- Alabama Gov. Riley Backs $850M of Bonds for Public Schools, Colleges. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32582, p3
The article reports on the support given by Alabama Governor Bob Riley on the $850 million bond issue for public schools and colleges. The governor initially proposed a $500 million bond issue but some Democratic legislators said they might consider increasing the total to $1 billion. In...
- A tale of two states. // American Teacher;Nov2003, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the debate regarding the alternatives of cutting spending or raising taxes to address economic shortfall in the U.S. Rejection of the initiative formulated by Alabama Governor Bob Riley calling for increased tax burden on wealthy people; Concern over funding for education; Features...
- PERFORMANCE OF THE WEEK. // Time;9/22/2003, Vol. 162 Issue 12, p20
Reports the reaction of Republican Alabama Governor Bob Riley to voter rejection of a proposed tax increase to fund education. His comment on proposed budget cuts.
- ALABAMA: Education Bond Contest. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32564, p9
The article focuses on the race between Alabama Republican Governor Bob Riley and Senator Hinton Mitchem on the number of proposed education bonds for the state. Both Riley and Mitchem have increased their bond bill proposals such that Riley proposes a $625 to $750 million from $500 million debt...