Munis Unchanged in Light Trading; Treasuries Up Following Early Losses
- N. Hempstead Waste Bonds Raised to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;8/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32442, p2
The article focuses on the ratings given by Standard & Poor's Corp. on the refunding revenue bonds of Solid Waste Management Authority in North Hempstead, New York. The bonds were rated AA-minus from A-plus, based on the continued strong financial management of the Long Island town and its...
- S&P Downgrades Florida's JEA Ahead of $230 Million Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p3
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has downgraded outstanding debt issued by JEA in Jacksonville, Florida. Application of the rating to the week's deal; Drop of the rating of the bond; Reason for the drop in rating.
- S&P Positive on Suffolk. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p39
Reports on the revision of the rating outlook on Suffolk County by Standard & Poor's Corp. in New York. Change of the outlook to positive; Selection of an underwriting team by the county for a proposed refunding; Basis of the change in the outlook.
- S&P Revises to Stable. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31912, p31
Reports on the revision of Standard & Poor's Corp. on the general obligation bonds to stable of Tennessee. Improvement of the state economy; Incorporation of reform in the budget of the state; Refusal of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to change its outlook for the state bonds.
- Georgetown Bonds, Issued Through D.C., Take a Rating Hit From S&P. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/18/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31950, p29
Reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Corp. to lower its rating on the outstanding bonds of Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. Observation of the weakening balance sheet and growing operating deficits of the university; Impact of the rating change on the outstanding tax-exempt debt;...
- S&P Improves Alabama's Outlook To Stable Ahead of $83M GO Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31986, p39
Reports on the changes of the rating outlook for Alabama by Standard & Poor's. Influence of the increase in the economy of the state on the revision of the rating; Decrease in the outlook for the AA credit to negative; Factors behind the stable rating for Alabama.
- Golden Valley USD, Calif., Raised by S&P. // Bond Buyer;2/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32067, p2
Reports that rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. raised its rating to A-minus from BBB-plus on Golden Valley, California, Unified School District's outstanding 1999 Series A general obligation bonds. Factors contributing to the rating upgrade; Agency's additional assignment of its SP-1-plus...
- MICHIGAN: Mercy Hospital Slips to Junk. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/12/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32772, p9
The article reports on revision of Standard & Poor's rating on the $48.9 million worth of hospital revenue bonds issued by Mercy Memorial Hospital Corp. The rate has changed from BBB-minus to BB-plus rating. To some analysts, the change in rating is due to unexpected operating losses and the...
- Ecuador: On The Verge Of Default. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/24/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p12
The article reports that the government of Ecuador has yet to decide whether to pay the latest coupon on its US$ Global 2012 bond. Because of the 30-day grace period exercised by President Rafael Correa, credit ratings for the bond were downgraded by Standard & Poor's and Moody's. It is noted...