Texas Housing Deals Cut to B By S&P
- Bridgeton IDA, Mo., Cut to AA+ by S&P. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p2
Reports on the decision of Standard's & Poor's to lower its rating on Bridgeton Industrial Development Authority, Missouri's health care facilities revenue bonds.
- Fla. Health District Outlook Positive. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p2
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to upgrade its outlook on West Orange Healthcare District, Florida's Series 1999A and Series 1999B bonds. Factors contributing to the bonds' positive ratings; Solid improvement of the district's financial profile.
- Downey Downgrade. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p31
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to downgrade the Downey Regional Medical Center's sub-investment-grade debt in California. Continued operating losses incurred by the hospital; Downgrading of the outstanding revenue bonds, which were issued by the California Health Facilities...
- S&P Default Study: Success Breeds Success for Municipal Bond Ratings. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/4/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32622, p39
The article reports on the result of the study on the municipal bond default published by Standard & Poor's in the U.S. According to the study, the higher a municipal bond's credit rating, the less likely it is to change. The research found that an issue of Massachusetts Port Authority special...
- Bridgeport Boosted. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/17/2005, Vol. 854 Issue 32239, p36
Reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has upgraded the outstanding general obligation bonds of Bridgeport, Connecticut to A-minus from BBB-plus with a stable outlook. Attribution of the upgrade to positive signs of redevelopment in the city; Expectation of the rating agency that...
- Ups and Downs in the Rating Game. Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p80
Reports on the study conducted by Fitch Ratings on default rates in the municipal bond sector in the U.S. Results of the study; Upgrades made by Fitch on local government general obligations and tax- and lease-backed bonds; Information on the review conducted by Standard & Poor's on state ratings.
- Up to A for Newaygo. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32412, p43
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp., the world's foremost provider of independent credit ratings, has raised its long-term and underlying rating for Newaygo County's bonds from A-minus to A. On June 23, 2006, the agency said the rating change reflects the county's improved economic...
- MINNESOTA: Osseo Nets Two-Notch Lift. Sheilds, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/6/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33109, p9
The article reports on the rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to the general obligation debt of Osseo, Minnesota. The rating agency raised by two notches to A-plus its rating on the city's general obligation bond due to its firm financial performance and maintenance of a very strong...
- S&P Upgrades Dallas Suburb of Carrollton to AAA. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/1/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33090, p20
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s increase in the bond rating for Dallas, Texas suburb of Carrollton from AA-plus to AAA. The rating agency attributed the increase to the city's strong general reserve funds, revenue-raising flexibility and budget-cutting efforts. Analysts said...