California On S&P's Credit Watch
- Michigan's GO Outlook Negative. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32443, p1
The article reports on the economic forecast by Standard & Poor's Corp. on the outstanding general obligation debt of Michigan. For the week ended August 11, 2006, the credit rating agency changed its outlook on the state's debt to negative from stable, citing the repeal of the single business...
- Imlay City Increase. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p33
Focuses on the improvement of rating on the limited tax general obligation debt for Imlay City, Michigan to BBB from BBB-minus according to Standard & Poor's Corp.
- S&P Affirms A-Plus Rating, Negative Outlook of Ohio's Buckeye Power. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31933, p7
Reports on the negative outlook rating of Standard & Poor's Corp. on Buckeye Power Inc., a cooperative in Ohio. Profile of the company; Information on bonds issued by the cooperative; Reasons for the negative outlook.
- Standard & Poor's Upgrades Providence to A From A-Minus. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;3/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32090, p4
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgraded the bond ratings of Providence, Rhode Island to A from A-minus. Basis of the upgrade; Increase in the ratings on Providence Public Building Authority's outstanding lease revenue bonds; Improvement in the finances of the city.
- S&P Lifts Nassau County, NX, to A-Flus Before $300M of Deals. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/11/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32897, p4
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgraded the credit rating of Nassau County, New York a single notch to A-plus from A as of June 10, 2008. The upgrade is due to the strong management of the county budget, the strong financial policies that it adopted since the financial...
- ILLINOIS: Wesleyan Takes a Hit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/31/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33032, p8
The article reports on the downward given by Standard & Poor's Corp. on the revenue bonds of Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington. The rating was downgraded from A- to BBB-plus due to the ongoing operating deficits experienced by the university. The agency supported the rating with stable...
- Indianapolis Eyes Plan to Stave Off Downgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/10/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32604, p4
The article reports that Indianapolis, Indiana Mayor Bart Peterson has cited a report warning of Standard & Poor's that the triple-A rated city faces a credit downgrade without legislative action due to an ongoing structural budget imbalance. According to Peterson, the recent report from...
- S&P: Water Bonds Rising. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/27/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32617, p9
The article reports on the ratings assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. on the water revenue-backed bonds in Southern California. Standard's report revealed that in 2006, it had upgraded ratings for nine such credits, lowered ratings for two, revised one outlook to positive, and assigned two new...
- MASSACHUSETTS: S&P Ups MassDevelopment. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/2/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32662, p9
The article reports on the upgrade of Massachusetts Development Finance Agency's (MassDevelopment) long-term rating to A-plus from A by Standard & Poor's Corp. in Massachusetts. The report noted that Standard & Poor's connects MassDevelopment's rating to the state, which was rated AA, due to the...