Moody's Lowers Connecticut to Aa3, Citing Low Revenues, High Debt
- Moody's Puts P.R. On Notice. KASKE, MICHELLE // Bond Buyer;5/4/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33511, p1
The article reports on the potential credit rating downgrade faced by Puerto Rico according to Moody's Investors Service Inc. in 2011. It mentions the 28 billion dollars of outstanding Puerto Rico debt placed by Moody's on watchlist for possible downgrade as higher retirement fund contributions...
- Mayor's Problems Worsen as Moody's Downgrades Macon, Ga., to A1. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31936, p5
Reports that Moody's Investors Service downgraded Macon, Georgia because the city had to tap its reserves, which severely weakened its cash position. Financial concerns stemming from the city losing revenues after a sales tax agreement had to be altered.
- Business/Finance:. // CableFAX Daily;8/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 169, p3
The article reports that Cablevision company was placed by credit rating agency Moody's under review for a potential downgrade. The company has failed to file financial deals on time, potentially risking default on its Term B Loan.
- ILLINOIS: Condell on Negative Watch. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32759, p9
The article reports on the negative rating of Moody's Investors Service Inc. on the $137 million outstanding debt of Condell Medical Center due to potential operating losses in 2006 fiscal audit in Illinois. Moody's claims that hospitals fail to secure the default waivers of unaudited financial...
- Moody's Upgrades Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Lauding Turnaround. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;12/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32039, p28
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded Stanford Hospital & Clinics' (SHC) $433 million outstanding debt to A2 from A3, citing the hospital's operating turnaround since 2002. The action comes as part of an ongoing dialogue between the hospital and the rating agency...
- Moody's Begins Scoring Loan Covenants. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/14/2014, p16
The article discusses the criteria for judging loan covenant quality (LCQ) launched by rating agency Moody's Investor Service in 2014. The LCQ scoring system was introduced to enable the agency to rank relative covenant quality across the loan market. The risk areas used to assess LCQ include...
- Moody's To Soften Fall Of I-Grade Angels. G. S. // Bank Loan Report;7/31/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p1
The article reports that Moody's Investor Service will employ a new approach in downgrading companies on the basis of "transforming credit events." Instead of waiting for the resolution of capital undertakings, Moody's will conduct a series of gradual temporary rating actions as contrasted with...
- Battery Charged Up. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31724, p37
Reports on the ratings allocated by Moody's Investors Service for the new-money and refunding deal of Battery Park City Authority in New York. Provision of fixed-rate portion; Reflection of resolution backing the debt; Increase of pledged revenues from residential towers.
- Moody's Drops Cicero, N.Y., to Baa 1. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31751, p2
Reports on Moody's Investor Service's downgrading of the central New York town of Cicero to Baa1 from A3.