Newcomers Were Few, As Series And Long-Time Authors Dominated Children's Bestseller Lists In First Half of 2003
- Did You Know? // Read;8/27/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p5
The article looks at author Meg Cabot, who wrote the best selling books "The Princess Diaries" and "Haunted." According to the article, at one point Cabot used the pen name Jenny Carroll. The name was taken from a cat she loved. A photograph of Cabot is presented.
- Revised Times Children's Bestseller List Creates Room For More Titles. // Book Publishing Report;9/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p2
Focuses on the impact the separation of the children's bestsellers from adult lists of 'New York Times' (NYT) magazine on several publishing in the United States. Details on the revised format of NYT magazine; Revision of the children's list of 'Sunday Book Review' magazine; Performance of the...
- List Of Bestselling Children's Publishers Widened By New List. // Book Publishing Report;10/02/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p2
Reports on the bestselling children's publishers in the United States, as ranked by 'The New York Times' in the third quarter of 2000. Top performances by Scholastic; Top performance by Harcourt's 'The Little Prince'; Impact of the decision to make a separate children's list on the bestseller list.
- Children's Publishers Say Bestseller List Helps Attract Attention To Their Books. // Book Publishing Report;01/15/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the positive impact of the creation of separate 'New York Times' bestseller lists for children's books on children's book publishers in 2000. Sharp increase in sales; Contributions of Scholastic's 'Harry Potter' series to the overall market growth; Increased consumer awareness on...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;9/24/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p3
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of children's books publishers in the U.S. Total number of books published by HarperCollins; Position of Scholastic publisher in the Bestseller List; Number of weeks of Penguin Putnam in the list.
- --The Publishers--. // Book Publishing Report;05/07/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p4
Presents the publishers of best-selling children's books in the United States ranked in the periodical 'New York Times.' Scholastic; HarperCollins; Penguin Putnam.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE PUBLISHERS Children's. // Book Publishing Report;10/21/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p3
Presents a list indicating the performance of several publishers of children's books in the 'New York Times' bestseller list from January 1 to October 20, 2002. Name of the publishers; Number of titles published by each publisher; Number of weeks on the bestseller list.
- Agent Laura Langlie Finds Royal Welcome For The Princess Diaries. Anderson, Kori // Book Publishing Report;8/13/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p6
Reports the success of the book 'The Princess Diaries,' by Meg Cabot and literary agent Laura Langlie. Agreement on the publishing of three Princess Diaries books; Partnership between Langlie and Bill Contardi of the William Morrow Agency to peddle the film rights; Availability of the book in...
- Avalon High. Patrick, Amy // School Library Journal;Jan2006, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p129
The article reviews the book "Avalon High," by Meg Cabot.