- Lock On Modern Air Combat features excellent graphics but has not outgrown performance bugs. Dy, Bernard // Aviation History;Jul2004, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p66
The article focuses on some air combat computer games. Ubisoft's Lock On Modern Air Combat is yet another simulation with a storied development history, arriving much later than originally anticipated. The extra time spent on it didn't solve all the problems, however, and although this modern...
- Ga-Ga Over Graphics. Crawford, Chris // Works & Days;Spring/Fall2004, Vol. 22 Issue 1/2, p113
Explains the graphic in entertainment software,. Design community's attitude towards graphics; Inadequacy of the cosmetic capabilities of computers.
- Fear Factor 2. Moltenbrey, Karen // Computer Graphics World;Dec2004, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p26
This article reports that using various technical and artistic approaches, three developers have injected fear and horror into their recent game releases, producing unique and terrifying experiences that are not for the fainthearted. In Doom 3, Id Software Inc. crafted a hellacious see nario...
- SPECIAL SESSIONS. // Video Systems;Jun2004, Vol. 30 Issue 6, SIGGRAPH 2004 p9
Presents several sessions at the SIGGRAPH 2004 related to computers. Software Development in Post-Production; Puppetry and Computer Graphics; Next-Generation Game Visuals.
- Dealing with displays. Mills, Ashton // APC (Bauer Media Group);Jul2013, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p84
The article evaluates several computer software which enhance graphics for games including SoftTh, Flawless Widescreen, and Widescreen Fixer.
- Al.implant 2.0 Attracts Attention. Howard, Courtney E. // Computer Graphics World;May2004, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p4
BioGraphic Technologies has released Version 2.0 of its artificial-intelligence software for game development, AI.implant for Games. According to the company, this upgrade is the result of two years of working closely with customers, such as Midway Games and Snowcode. AI.implant 2.0 includes...
- Empire Earth II. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Jul2005, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p123
Evaluates the video game " Empire Earth II." Description of the game; Superiority of the game over other games in multiple player mode; Quality of graphics.
- Getting into GPUs. Dixon, Douglas // Videomaker;Oct2011, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p53
The article offers information on graphics processing units (GPU) for video processing. It cites the need for speed in the gaming market as the factor that led to the development of sophisticated GPU chips to off-load drawing in the frame buffer. The GPU-accelerated AVC/H.264 encoding and AVC...
- Project Gotham Racing 2. Gibson, Jon M. // Sound & Vision;Feb/Mar2004, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p119
Reviews the computer game Project Gotham Racing 2 from Sony Corp.