FADE TO BLACK
- Lenser nabs ninth nom. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;1/20/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 17, p6
Focuses on television cinematographers who scored nomination for the 2005 American Society of Cinematographers awards to be presented on February 13, 2005 at Hollywood & Highland in Los Angeles, California. Thomas Del Ruth for his work on National Broadcasting Co.'s "The West Wing"; David Boyd...
- ASC focus is on TV noms. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;1/19/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 14, p2
The article reports on the selection of Thomas A. Del Ruth as one of the finalists in two television categories by the American Society of Cinematographers. Del Ruth was nominated in the movie and miniseries category for "Code Breakers" aired on ESPN. Other nominees include Alan Caso for "Into...
- Clubhouse News. // American Cinematographer;Jun2008, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p118
The article offers cinematography-related new briefs in the U.S. The American Society of Cinematographers (ASC) welcomes Kramer Morgenthau and Tom Stern as its new active members. Victor J. Kemper of ASC receives residency in the 2008 screening of "The Jerk." The Fallbrook Film Festival in...
- Close-up Thomas A. Del Ruth, ASC. // American Cinematographer;Jul2010, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p88
An interview with Thomas A. Del Ruth, member of the organization American Society of Cinematographers (ASC) is presented. When asked about the film that inspired him the most, he mentions several films including "Gone With the Wind," and "The Wizard of Oz." He admires the work of several...
- Prime-Time Pros. Oppenheimer, Jean // American Cinematographer;Mar2007, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p50
The article discusses how seven cinematographers, namely Ross Berryman, Thomas A. Del Ruth, John Aronson, Krishna Rao, Herb Davis, Charles Mills and Eagle Egilsson, accomplished their tasks. Del Ruth said shooting a show takes eight or nine days on first unit and a couple of simultaneous days of...
- LENSERS KEY SKEIN STYLES. Idelson, Karen // Daily Variety;8/8/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 27, pA7
The article looks at the roles of directors of photography (d.p.s.) in establishing the visual identity of a television series, as summarized from the views of Emmy-nominated cinematographers. Thomas Del Ruth of "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" said that d.p.s. must offer input. Phil Abraham of...
- Kissing a Fool. McCarthy, Todd // Variety Movie Reviews;2/23/1998, Issue 37, p1
The article reviews the film "Kissing a Fool," directed by Doug Ellin and starring David Schwimmer and Vanessa Angel.
- Leave It to Beaver. Leydon, Joe // Variety Movie Reviews;8/18/1997, Issue 169, p3
The article reviews the film "Leave It to Beaver," directed by Andy Cadiff and starring Christopher McDonald and Grace Phillips.
- Impulse. // Variety Movie Reviews;1/1/1984, Issue 1, p55
The article reviews the film "Impulse," directed by Graham Baker and starring Tim Matheson and Meg Tilly.