OUT AND ABOUT
- Guilds applaud peer peaks. // Variety;12/11/2000 Supplement, Vol. 381 Issue 4, p50
Offers information about several creative guilds in the motion picture industry in the United States which give awards to their members. American Cinema Editors; American Society of Cinematographers; Art Directors Guild.
- SHORTS. // Screen (10707573);11/18/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p3
The article offers news briefs related to the motion picture industry in the U.S. A new digital intermediate color grading suite has been built by the RingSide Creative for motion picture productions in Detroit, Michigan. The American Society of Cinematographers (ASC) Lifetime Achievement Award...
- President's Desk. Crudo, Richard P. // American Cinematographer;Jul2014, Vol. 95 Issue 7, p12
The author discusses the associate members of the American Society of Cinematographers (ASC). He shares the backgrounds and expertise of the associate members, the relationship between the ASC's active and associate members, and the society's Technology Committee. The associates' assistance of...
- President's Desk. Crudo, Richard R. // American Cinematographer;Oct2013, Vol. 94 Issue 10, p12
The president of the American Society of Cinematographers (ASC) discusses the history of the ASC trade group, its magazine "American Cinematographer," and the 10th edition of the book "American Cinematographer Manual." The ASC's awards, technological innovations in motion picture filming, and...
- Clubhouse News. // American Cinematographer;Sep2009, Vol. 90 Issue 9, p102
The article offers news briefs related to the motion picture industry in 2009 in the U.S. Bruno Delbonnel, Crescenzo Notarile and Rogier Stoffers joined the American Society of Cinematographers (ASC). Kay Baker, Amnon Band and Mark Chiolis were named associates of Telecorps Sales & Leasing LLC....
- Cameraheads & fall guys. Levitt // SHOOT;03/06/98, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
Discusses the unique role played by freefall cinematographers in the feature-film and television-commercial sectors of the United States. Aerial artistry in advertisements; Production of mid-air shots for television spots; Top freefall cinematographers in the US.
- 'Inception' prevails at lensers' ASC nods. Chagollan, Steve // Daily Variety;2/15/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 32, p4
The article reports on the winners at the 25th annual American Society of Cinematographers Awards including Wally Pfister, Roger Deakins, and Matthew Libatique in the U.S.
- Case of the shrinking schlock. Honeycutt, Kirk // Hollywood Reporter;2/27/95, Vol. 336 Issue 9, p8
Reports on trends in the United States film market as of February 1995. Artwork and decor for the American Film Market as reflecting market trends; Decrease in the market for exploitation and schlock.
- AFM briefs. // Variety;03/03/97, Vol. 366 Issue 5, p48
Presents developments concerning the motion picture industry in the United States and the 1997 American Film Market (AFM) as of March 3, 1997. Taurus Entertainment's entry into the international marketplace at the AFM; Feature offerings from Kushner-Locke; Eurocine's offer of `Whisper' for...