3D CHARACTERS FOR TELEVISION
- 40: COMPETITIVE SPORTS. PENN, NATHANIEL; PAUL, CHRIS // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jul2012, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p100
The author argues that one of the best U.S. channels ever invented was Game Show Network.
- Reality TV shows have become too far removed from real life. Singletary, Mark // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/24/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p3
Focuses on the views of the author on various reality television shows in New Orleans, Louisiana. Assessment on the influence of various television programs on the life style of several individuals; Evolution of the television network; Number of prime-time game shows in the city.
- Germans head to Mip mart as sellers. Meza, Ed // Variety;4/16/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 9, p31
The article discusses how German television shows have been gaining popularity in various European and Asian markets. The article reports that several shows were of interest at the 2007 MipTV content mart in Cannes, France, including the game shows "Wanna Bet" and "Beat Your Host's," and the...
- CBS deletes 'fag' remark in game show. // Advocate;5/23/73, Issue 112, p30
Reports on CBS Television's deletion of the word 'fag' from its 'Hollywood's Talking' game show following protests from officials at Los Angeles, California's Gay Community Services Center.
- Schedule boost for Deal or No Deal licensees. // License! Europe;Apr/May2006, p17
The article reports on the deal signed by Channel 4 with Endemol in Europe. Channel 4 is dealing with the game show, "Deal or No Deal," which is aired consistently for years. It's a big deal for Endemol and a big deal for licenses of the addictive show who can rely on solid broadcast support....
- Star turns. Santry, Clare // Cabinet Maker;1/19/2007, Issue 5521, p134
The article focuses on the media exposure given to products, such as Fatboy chairs and Glassdomain's console table. Fatboys have been used in a number of reality television shows such as "Dream Team," "Totally Boyband," and "Big Brother." Meanwhile, Glassdomain table has been used in "National...
- WILL THIS GOLDEN AGE OF GAME SHOWS LAST? Dobrow, Larry // Advertising Age;5/14/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 20, pS-20
The article offers opinions from television executives, including executive vice president of alternative programming at the Fox network Mike Darnell and David Goldberg, president of Endemol USA, on whether game shows will continue to be popular and profitable in 2007 and beyond. The popularity...
- Madden makes Sirius play. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;9/15/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 51, p5
Reports on the deal of Sirius Satellite Radio with "Monday Night Football" analyst John Madden to appear on a sunday radio pregame show in the U.S.
- Bob Barker Was Just Right as Host of 'Price'. Beverly, Steve // Television Week;7/2/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 26/27, p10
The article focuses on the career of Bob Barker as host of the television game show "The Price is Right." The free-wheeling structure that also cemented the phrase "Come on down" as part of American culture was tailor-made for Barker. Not only did the show work, the hour-long "The Price is...
- Five signs NetPlay TV deal to show EuroTeleMillions draws. // Marketing Week;2/26/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p22
The article offers information on a distribution deal between two companies NetPlay TV PLC and Five for showing EuroTeleMillions draws in Europe. Five draws will be broadcasted for 5 days. It reports that game show featured fixed odds draws for assured price of 1 million jackpot from Monday to...