Part 4: Throughput
- PRODUCTS: HARDWARE. // Computer Graphics World;Jul2000, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p108
Introduces the SGI 230, 330 and 550 computer workstations with OpenGL graphics functions. Use of Intel Pentium III and Pentium III Xeon processors; Provision of high-speed double data rate graphics memory; Product price.
- Internet/intranet tools. Seoane, Dan // InfoWorld;02/02/98, Vol. 20 Issue 5, pS7
Features Silicon Graphics Inc.'s WebForce MediaBase 2.0 software and Origin 200 hardware, winner of the 1997 Product of the Year award in the video streaming solutions category sponsored by the periodical `Infoworld.' Application in building and maintaining streaming media; Other award received...
- test bench: GRAPHICS SOFTWARE. Moore, Philip // Australian PC User;May2004, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p68
Reviews the shareware program PhotoMeister Standard for computer graphics.
- NEWS TICKER. // InfoWorld;1/31/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p16
Presents news briefs related to information technology as of January 31, 2005. Launch of the Workplace Collaborative Services 2.5 from International Business Machines Corp.; Availability of the computer software Compliance Center 2.0 from BindView; Plan of Silicon Graphics to unveil a new...
- MULTIMEDIA BEAT. // Macworld;Jul2005, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p20
This section provides information on several computer software and hardware. Graffiti 4 from Boris FX is a 2-D- and 3-D-titling software that features improved rendering speed; a Template Mode feature; and Displacement Map, Spiral Blur, and Burnt Film filters. The software Media 100 sw from...
- DESIGN OF TWO-POINT INTERPOLATION FILTERS BY MODIFYING LINEAR INTERPOLATION KERNEL. Hoon Yoo; Seok-Pil Lee; Beakcheol Jang // Far East Journal of Electronics & Communications;Jun2013, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p131
This paper presents a design of two-point interpolation filters. The proposed design method provides novel interpolation kernels including trigonometric polynomials and it is considered to be a generalized version of the standard linear interpolation. Also, the proposed design method gives us an...
- HOW WE GOT "THERE" FROM HERE: AN OVERVIEW OF THE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A DIGITAL DOCUMENTATION PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO. PEARSON, MATT; FRISA, CAROLYN; FISCHER, MONIQUE C. // Journal of the American Institute for Conservation;Summer2009, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p103
A well-planned photography studio and digital workflow can make effective, state-of-the- art documentation possible for conservators who possess little or no digital imaging experience. For individuals and institutions without committed photography and Information and Technology staff, it is...
- test bench: GRAPHICS SOFTWARE. Moore, Philip // Australian PC User;May2004, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p67
Reviews the comprehensive image editor software The GIMP 1.2.
- A NEW NASTRAN ON 64-BIT CLUSTERS. // Machine Design;1/8/2004, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p116
Introduces the SGI Altix 3000 family of servers and supercluster computers from SGI. Compatibility of the computers with NX Nastran software from EDS PLM Solutions; Features of the computers.