Part One: SCANNING
- TELECINE/SCANNING AND RECORDING. // SHOOT;5/12/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p23
The article presents updates on telecine, film scanning and recording. The National Association of Broadcasters coverage included the debut of Filmlight's Northlight 2 scanner. It was also reported that Thomson's Grass Valley showed the Spirit 2k and 4k in its postproduction demonstration areas,...
- A diamond is forever? Giardina // SHOOT;05/09/97, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p53
Focuses on the launching of the USRA Diamond film scanner system from Cintel. Comparison with its precursor, the USRA Gold scanner; Capacity of the product to produce and process high-definition scanning signals.
- HIGHER-END SCANNING. Ochiva, Dan // Millimeter;Jun/Jul2006, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p42
The article evaluates the Northlight 2 film scanner from FilmLight and offers information on its features and capabilities.
- FilmLight Shines with Daylight. // American Cinematographer;Dec2014, Vol. 95 Issue 12, p98
The article evaluates a color grading decision tool that help cinematographers and directors called Daylight by image processing applications company FilmLight.
- TOOL BOX. Giardina, Carolyn // SHOOT;1/23/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on the company Cinesite Inc.'s new Northlight film scanners from London-based Filmlight, which are in use at both the company's Los Angeles and London, England offices. At Cinesite's London office, Northlight is used primarily to enable digital effects creation. The facility...
- Colours set by TrueLight. Jarrett, George // TVB Europe;Jun2003, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p24
Features FilmLight's NorthLight scanners for television broadcasting. Specification; Capabilities.
- Viper camera bites Sony. Jarrett, George // TVB Europe;May2002, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p1
Describes the Viper FilmStream television camera from Thomson Broadcast Solutions. Features and capabilities; Advantages of using the camera; Evaluation of the device.
- Thomson debuts 12 bit cameras. // TVB Europe;Aug97, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p16
Reports on Thomson Broadcast Systems's introduction of 12-bit digital cameras based on the 1657D camera. Connection to multicore or triax transmission systems; Contact information.
- Viper bites electronic cinema. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;4/8/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 14, p38
Features television equipment Viper FilmStream camera from Thomson Broadcast Solutions company. Specification of the linear signal; Availability of the video articrafts; production; Description of disk recorder.