- Digital cinema finding takers. // World Broadcast Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p12
Reports that a small number of filmmakers are beginning to produce digital feature programs with remarkable results. Seamless integration of digital technology with traditional filming methods; Range of digital equipment used in the filming of the feature films.
- Digital f/x dominate summer. Grove, Christopher // Daily Variety;05/31/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 65, p14
Focuses on the growing use of digital effects (f/x) in motion picture production. Details of the use in 'Pearl Harbor'; Discretion of 'A.I' f/x man Dennis Murren not to discuss the film's effects; Offering of the 'Cats and Dogs,' by Warner Bros.
- DIGITAL Underground. Gelfand, Michael // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/14/2004, Vol. 385 Issue 33, pS-14
The article focuses on how a resurgence in DV means the revolution will be digitized. Five years ago, the great digital film experiment was in full swing. All anyone needed to make a movie was a digital camera, some light bulbs and an idea and for a few, it worked. Director Thomas Vinterberg's...
- Video, Film & Grip company to be floated on AIM. // Cinema Technology;Jan1997, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p2
The article reports on the announcement made by VFG PLC, the broadcast video, film, and grip equipment hire company, to raise up to 3 million pounds through an institutional placing. Moreover, it is seeking admission to the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange. According to...
- BBC MOTION GALLERY. // Digital Content Producer;Feb2009, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p38
The article provides information on the footage offerings at the BBC Motion Gallery that cover broadcast programmings such as natural history, sports, and news. It states that BBC's senior vice president Jan Ross has said that BBC has provided satisfaction to clients with its distinct regard for...
- Technology Integration. Hofer, Mark; Owings, Kathleen; Thacker, Emma // Social Studies Research & Practice;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p176
Challenging students to create digital documentary films in history courses engages students in both mastery of content knowledge and higher order thinking experiences. Teachers considering this type of work must contend with the focus on standards-based testing, a wide breadth of content to be...
- Fairfield, Westchester counties attract film industry. Kalinoski, Gail // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/3/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 5, pB3
Reports on the production of the motion picture 'Catch Me If You Can' and 'Maid in Manhattan' in Yonkers, New York. Impact of the films on the state; Perception of actors toward the region; Implication of having many shootings in the state.
- Yonkers Stage attracts major film studios. Kalinoski, Glenn J. // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/3/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 5, pB5
Focuses on the advantages of having a production and stage facility in Yonkers, New York. Support of the mayor on the proposed construction of the facility; Convenience of travelling in the area.
- Course file for `Narrative film: Theory and practice.' Rush, Jeff // Journal of Film & Video;Fall97, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p48
Presents information on the graduate-level seminar `Narrative Film: Theory and Practice.' Focus of this seminar; Information on students studying scenes from mainstream and emergent films; What students will gain from the study; Listing of instructions to follow when filmmaking.