- Video editing systems. Williams, Edward E. // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2001, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p102
Presents information on several video editing systems. XPRI editing system from Sony; Heatwave from Discreet; Resolution offered by iQ from Quantel.
- Nonlinear editing, compositing system manufacturers gear up. Giardina // SHOOT;02/21/97, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p7
Presents a preview of the National Association of Broadcasters convention which will be held on April 5-10, 1999 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Participation of companies from the field of nonlinear editing and compositing/digital-effects systems; Demonstration of content-creation tools by Avid;...
- Part 2: Color Grading. // Millimeter;Mar2003, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p105
Part II. Features several high-end color correctors for digitized film images. Capabilities of the color-correction system from Discreet Logic Inc.; Launch of the 2K Plus console from DaVinci Technologies Inc.; Demonstration of the QColor from Quantel Inc.
- FIVE YEARS, FIVE COMPANIES. Ochiva, Dan; Turner, Bob // Millimeter;Nov2003, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p81
Reviews the difficulties five of the top companies that supplied editing, graphics, and effects hardware and software to the U.S. film industry from 1998â€”2003. Business focus of Alias; Acquisition of new technologies for Avid Technology Inc.; Development of various products from Discreet...
- HD POWER. Nicol, Trish // Inside Film;Nov2004, Issue 71, p58
This article presents information on several pieces of high definition film editing equipment that were exhibited at the International Broadcasting Convention in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The HDR-FX1 camcorder from Sony records plays back high definition video. Discreet showcased a data-centric...
- Magnascync/Moviola Corp. // BKSTS Journal;Dec1979, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p559
The article evaluates the different motion picture editing equipment and accessories from Magnasync/Moviola Corp.
- Film-Style Computerised Editing System. // BKSTS Journal;Jan1985, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p28
The article evaluates EECO Inc.'s film-style computerized editing system.
- Ten Plate Editing Table. // BKSTS Journal;Aug1983, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p465
The article evaluates Prevost Corp.'s ten plate flat bed editing table and offers information on design, specifications, and capabilities.
- Avid Xpress Impresses Wodonga Institute of TAFE. // Australian Screen Education;Winter2000, Issue 23, p104
Reports that the media department of the Wodonga Institute of TAFE in Australia has decided to move from linear to non-linear digital editing. Factors behind the department's decision to purchase an Avid MCXpress NT system; Applications of the equipment in regional television commercials...