Peeling Back the Layers
- Cool looks for a cool chick. King, Douglas // Computer Graphics World;Jun98, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p15
Provides information on Barbie Cool Looks Fashion Designer, a computer software from Digital Domain Incorporated. Features of the computer software; Utilization of 256-color palette for its color limitation.
- Digital Domain ships Nuke. Scott, Joanna // TVB Europe;Jan2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p45
Reports on the release of the in-house compositing software Nuke by Digital Domain Inc. Evaluation of the pre-beta version of the software; Usability of the software in pop promotion and feature films; Superiority of the software.
- NEW NUKE. // Millimeter;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p38
The article reviews the Nuke 5 interface from the Digital Domain Inc.
- THE ADVENTURE-SEEKING DR. JONES RETURNS FOR THE EMPEROR'S TOMB. J. G. // Cinefantastique;Feb/Mar2003, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p13
The article reviews "Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb" video game software from LucasArts.
- THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW. Wolff, Ellen // Millimeter;May2004, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p40
Discusses the computer graphics imaging of the feature film "Day After Tomorrow," directed by Roland Emmerich. Visual effects used to illustrate the occurrence of "big freeze" in New York City; Contribution of visual effects companies ILM, Digital Domain and The Orphanage to the development of...
- IBM spin-off eyes show biz. Freedman, Beth // PC Week;3/1/93, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p3
Features Digital Domain, IBM's spin-off devoted to producing digital special effects for film, television and commercials. Use of off-the-shelf personal computer hardware and software to develop digital content.
- New model for Digital Domain. DiOrio, Carl // Hollywood Reporter;11/1/95, Vol. 339 Issue 33, p3
Reports that Digital Domain has won `The Fifth Element' contract from Gaumont-Columbia Pictures. Estimated cost of project; Use of elaborate modeling and miniature work in the feature film; Hiring of modeling impresario Mark Stetson.
- Digital Domain sharing the wealth. Weiner, Rex // Variety;4/15/96, Vol. 362 Issue 11, p86
Reports that Digital Domain has set aside a percentage of its stock for employee ownership. Percentage of stock put aside for employee ownership; Digital's services; How was loyalty inspired among the company's employees; Contemplation of a public offering; Company's nominations; Comments from...
- What's Old Is New Again. Robertson, Barbara // Computer Graphics World;Jan2009, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p8
The article presents information on the use of Digital Domain computer graphics art in creating a state-of-the-art digital human for the film "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." In addition to tools and techniques developed specifically to create Benjamin Button, which Digital Domain calls...