Lenses: Digital Cinematography Prevails
- HD is prime target for the lens makers. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Dec2002, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p18
Features several high definition (HD) film and telephoto lenses. Versions of the style lenses of Angenieux; Suitability of Digi Super XJ72x9.3 and Digi Super XJ75x9.3 with image stabilizer from Canon; Applications of XA76x9.3BESM HD telephoto lens for sports coverage from Fujinon.
- Lenses take Emmys. // TVB Europe;Nov2005, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p8
The article reports that Fujinon and Thales Angenieux have been awarded Technical Emmy Awards from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. Fujinon was cited for "Lens Technology Developments for Solid State Imaging Cameras in High Definition Formats." The company has contributed to...
- New lenses by Angenieux. // TVB Europe;Jun97, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p45
Features the 22X7.5 AIF Studio Lens and the 11.5X5.3 Digital Cinematography film lens developed by Angenieux.
- Lenses get steamed up. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Jan99, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p53
Examines technological innovations from television camera lens suppliers. Canon's J21ax7.8B camera lens; Angenieux's 12x5.3 AIF HR lens; Fujinon's Ah70x and Ah24x7 Digi Power lenses.
- LENS CRAFTERS. Mrozek, Carl // DV: Digital Video;Apr2008, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p24
The article presents updates on several contributors and exhibitors for the 2008 National Association of Broadcasters (NAB). According to reports, Canon sources could only confirm one new broadcast-grade high definition (HD) lens at NAB but according to Gordon Tubbs of Canon, they have a greater...
- Breaking the glass ceiling. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Dec2003, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p22
Discusses the mechanical developments of the camera lens of several brand manufacturers. Addition of two B4 mount cine-style lenses by Zeiss and Band Pro Film/Video to its range of Digiprime high definition (HD) lens; Development by Cannon of the widest portable telephoto lens with lead free...
- A new world in focus. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Jan2007, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p10
The article evaluates several camera lenses including products from Canon Inc., Fujinon and Thales Angenieux.
- Optimo DP Series. // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);May2008, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p44
The article evaluates the Optimo DP Series lenses from Thales Angenieux.
- Optimo optimum zoom. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Aug2008, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p58
The article evaluates the Optimo DP (Digital Production), a large format digital zoom from Thales AngÃ©nieux.