Cameras: Startling Innovations Everywhere
- UKCA LIGHTVIBESÂ® DEMO AT GENESIS. Slater, Jim // Cinema Technology;Jun2016, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p78
The article evaluates the LightVibes system from electronics company Philips demonstrated at the 2016 UK Cinema Association (UKCA) regional meeting at the Genesis cinema in London, England.
- Sony/Philips demo dual-layer DVD. Goldstein, Seth // Billboard;5/6/95, Vol. 107 Issue 18, p4
Reports that Sony and Philips have demonstrated the video capabilities of the dual-layer digital videodisc (DVD) MultiMedia CD, touted MMCD. Single format for computer applications and home entertainment; Competition with Toshiba and Time Warner for the lead in digital videodisc supremacy;...
- Cassette sales down, but what's up? Rosen, Craig; Nunziata, Susan // Billboard;4/2/94, Vol. 106 Issue 14, p6
Reports on the sales of audiocassettes in the San Francisco, California market. Distributors' support for analog cassettes; Promotion of MiniDiscs (MD) and digital compact cassettes (DCC) by Philips and Sony Corp.; Sales at Tower Records stores; MD sampler of Sony and `Rolling Stone' magazine;...
- Enhanced compact disc. Cole, George // Gramophone;May96, Vol. 73 Issue 876, p144
Presents information on a CD (compact disc) format to be marketed by Sony Corporation and Philips Incorporated, called Enhanced CDs. Format to be marketed as CD Extra; Design of CD Extra; Uses and features of CD Extra; Information on the CD standard known as Blue Book; Involvement of Recording...
- SUPER SOUND BATTLE. Day, Rebecca // Popular Mechanics;May2001, Vol. 178 Issue 5, p74
Introduces the Super Audio Compact Disc (SACD) developed by Sony and Phillips. Features of SACD; Capabilities; Format of SACD.
- LENSES FOR TODD-AO. // British Kinematography;Feb1959, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p45
The article reports on the announcement by J. Frank Brockliss Ltd. regarding the planned manufacturing of massive lenses for Todd-AO film projectors by Philips. The lenses will be made available in a variety of focal lengths. The development suggests that the cost of installation of Philips...
- Philips and Sony propose specifications for high-density CD. // Online;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p100
Reports on the joint release of the official specifications of Philips Electronics and Sony Corp. for a 12cm high-density multimedia Cd. Storage capacity of the Philips/Sony high-density CD; Enhanced applications; Plans for extensions of the volume and file standards for computer application of...
- High-density disc agreement. // Computers in Libraries;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p52
Focuses on the single high-density optical disc format proposed by Philips Electronics NV and Sony Corp. Groups that have expressed support for the format; Storage capacity increase allowed by the new standard.
- Sony, Philips defer to rival videodisc. Fitzpatrick, Eileen; Goldstein, Seth // Billboard;2/4/95, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p4
Reports that Sony and Philips plans to evaluate in detail the two-sided digital videodisc format devised by their rivals, Toshiba and Time Warner. Features of the Toshiba/Time Warner format; Endorsement of several companies on the Toshiba/Time Warner DVD format; Competition between Sony/Philips...