fields & frames
- Serious celluloid substitute. West, Janet // TVB Europe;Jun2003, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p36
Features the Dalsa Corp.'s Origin and Sony Corp.'s 4:4:4 recording products for television production. Specifications; Capabilities; Benefits for television producers.
- Freefalls and Fireworks. Parnham, Peter // Onfilm;Dec2012, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p19
The article reports on why rival film camera manufacturers are in shoot-out mode. Red Cameras' initiative to make their Epic model in quantity, to lower assembly costs, find better suppliers and pay off development costs is noted. Sony's release of new cameras in the same large sensor category...
- 2009 PRODUCT & TECHNOLOGY PREVIEW. WOOD, JENNIFER M.; GNERRE, ANDREW // MovieMaker;2009 Future of Moviemaking, Vol. 16 Issue 81, p52
The article evaluates several motion picture products including the SI-3D cinema camera and stereo visualization system from Silicon Imaging Inc., PDW-F800 camcorder from Sony Corp. and DAX/D3 system from Sample Digital.
- Cameras: Startling Innovations Everywhere. Leitner, D.W. // Millimeter;Mar2003, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p79
Features several motion picture cameras. Launch of the digital cinematography camera from Philips Electronics NV; Introduction of a battery-powered DRAM-based recording device by Baytech Inc.; Expansion of the 24p CineAlta family of Sony Corp.
- Shooting in Widescreen. Dudman, William // Image Technology;Jan1999, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p20
The article presents a discussion of the capabilities and use of Sony Corp.'s equipment for widescreen shooting. Digital Betacam hosts are considered as the best known 16:9 camcorder and regarded by many as being perfect for complex post production. Betacam SX has two widescreen switchable...
- KILLER BLU-RAY KIT. // Stuff;Jun2011, Issue 147, p54
The article mentions several Blu ray players including Panasonic DMP-BDT310 from Panasonic Video Imaging Systems Co., and Sony BDV-E780w from Sony Corp.
- ACCESSIBILITY DEVICES AT A THEATER NEAR YOU. Loria, Daniel // Boxoffice;Jan2015, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p37
The article offers brief information on several motion picture equipment including the Entertainment Access Glasses from Sony, the CaptiView closed-captioning system and Fidelio wireless audio system from Dolby, and headsets IRH-280 and IRH-501 from USL.
- Digital cinema cameras. Luff, John // Broadcast Engineering;Oct2007, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p130
The article presents a comparison of digital cinema cameras including RED production digital camera from Red Digital Cinema Camera Co., DALSA Corp.'s Origin, and Sony Corp.'s F23.
- Sets, steeds fill the needs. Waldman, Debbie // Variety;4/24/95, Vol. 358 Issue 12, p48
Reports on the search for antiques and other props to decorate movie sets in Canada. Calgary set decorator Janice Blackie-Goodine's experience in the outfitting of the motion picture `Unforgiven' and `Lonesome Dove: The Series'; Search for horses by horse rental owner and stuntman John Scott.