- An Oscar-Worthy Assignment: Making Ryan at Seneca College. Wolff, Ellen // Animation;Mar2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p48
The article discusses the animated short "Ryan" contended for the 2005 Academy Awards, created by animator Chris Landreth and a group of newly minted animation graduates and a handful of professionals from Seneca College, Toronto, Ontario. In 2001 when he conceived his poignant film about...
- PIXAR SCORES TECH OSCAR FIRST. Reifsteck, Greg // Daily Variety;01/08/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 25, p35
Announces the selection of the Renderman software, created by Pixar's Rob Cook, Loren Carpenter and Ed Catmull, as recipient of the Academy Awards' first Oscar statuette ever specifically given for the development of computer software in 2001. Software features; Companies that will be given...
- Oscar Goes to Second Screen As ABC Boosts Big Night Online. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;2/18/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 7, p17
The article offers brief information on the Backstage Pass application for the Oscars Award from American Broadcasting Co. (ABC).
- Academy Eye On Sci-Tech Hopefuls. Crabtree, Sheigh // SHOOT;9/17/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 32, p7
This article reports that compositing software, specialized camera heads and silicone makeup appliances have been tapped for review by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' Scientific and Technical Awards Committee for the 77th Academy Awards. A demonstration of selected achievements...
- Shocking, lurid, and true! Goldman, David // Biography;Mar1998, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p16
Enumerates several scandals surrounding the Academy Awards. Publication of the winners by the `Los Angeles Times' in 1940; Publicity earned by actor George C. Scott for asking the Academy to withdraw his name from the list of nominees; Extemporaneous statements made by Richard Gere, Susan...
- Off Year. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p38
Suggests three reasons on why the 2003 Academy Awards should be cancelled. War in Iraq; Security concerns; Lack of great movies.
- Oscar night. Ragan, David // Cosmopolitan;Mar1993, Vol. 214 Issue 3, p194
Offers a look at Oscar night's of the past in anticipation of the upcoming Oscar night on March 29, 1993. Highlights of favorite speeches; How winning really feels; Waiting for Oscar; Examples of never being too old or too young; Extra special awards; Information about the Oscar; More.
- Etcetera. // Christian Science Monitor;2/15/95, Vol. 87 Issue 56, p2
Provides information about Academy Award nominations on February 14, 1995, and top grossing films in the United States, February 10-12, 1995.
- Oscars give big boost to `Indies,' women, and quirky stories. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;3/26/97, Vol. 89 Issue 83, p15
Focuses on the results of the 69th Academy Awards held in 1997, and what these results suggest. Boost which will be given to smaller-budget films made by independent filmmakers; Push to cast women in more interesting, nontraditional roles; Implications of the success of `The English Patient.'