- PSY 3D is elected. // TVB Europe;Aug99, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the three-dimensional graphics developed by TF1 to illustrate the European election results in mid June 1999. Features of the graphics; Operating system used in the graphics.
- Small market, F.A.T. graphics. Anderson, Karen // Broadcasting & Cable;02/01/99, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p52
Reports on the use of the Paintbox F.A.T. animation system by KPSB-TV station. Limitations of an Ampex AVA graphics system that the company had been using for 12 years; Comments from KPSB-TV Senior Art Director Janice Crosno; Information on a Pictureframe still-store system ordered by the...
- Channel Clarity: Four for 4. Pank, Bob // TVB Europe;Feb2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p38
The article highlights the latest on-screen branding made by Great Britain-based Channel 4. The company has expanded to offer three further channels including E4, More4, and Film4. According to the author, all are free to air and have their own branding well supported by on-air graphics that are...
- KKYK goes virtual with Discreet Logic/Delvin. Anderson, Karen // Broadcasting & Cable;10/05/98, Vol. 128 Issue 41, p61
Focuses on how the KKYK television station upgraded its graphics equipment. Information on Discreet Logic's Frost broadcast graphics and virtual set system; Advantages of the equipment; Comments from Neal Ardman, the station's chief operating officer.
- Sky Movies rebrands to reflect wider offer. Mason, Tonia // Marketing (00253650);6/20/2002, p6
Reports the move of Sky Television to revise its on-air graphics for Sky Movie channels in Great Britain. Rationale for rebranding of the on-air graphics; Marketing strategy of the company in relation to rebranding; Design of on-air graphics.
- Graphics More User-Friendly. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;12/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p25
Focuses on the growth of news graphics in news rooms in the U.S. Software tools used by local and national broadcasters; Improvement in graphics capability on the design aspect; Accessibility of graphics through centralization; Significance of a musical signature to define a television station.
- Quantel reaches the Provinces. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Sep2003, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the purchase of gQ graphics systems by Kunming TV in China, marking a move towards high definition television. Profile of the television station; Applications of the systems.
- Does TV news in high-definition matter? Channel 8 hopes so. Perkins, Ken Parish // Fort Worth Business Press;5/28/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p23
The article focuses on the decision of WFAA/Channel 8 television station to adopt high-definition scheme. High-definition television technology delivers sharpness that viewers can see the lint on News 8's news anchor's collar. It can display up to 2 million pixels, nearly 10 times the resolution...
- Scripps' Graphics Overhaul. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;11/9/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 42, p16
The article reports on the initiative of Scripps Television Station Group to enhance its graphics production at its stations in the U.S. It indicates that the network will be utilizing the Axis Internet-based software from Chyron Corp. which is a tool to be used by each station to complete...