NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF MEDIA
- Finding & sending media. Walker, Gerald M. // World Broadcast Engineering;Jun2001, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p18
Part II. Reports on papers presented during the NAB2001 Broadcast Engineering Conference session entitled 'Video Asset Management and Storage.' Description of an asset management platform called media transmanagement by Pathfire company; Paper 'A Distributed Bus Architecture for...
- THE INSIDER. Berger, Robin; Hatch, David; McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p6
Reports on news and developments in the electronic mass media. Broadcast.com founder Mark Cuban's plan to install high-speed Internet jacks at the Dallas Mavericks' American Airlines Center; Controversy over USA Network's promotional gag for its horror movie `They Nest'; Delta Express 737...
- TECH BRIEFS. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p17
Reports on news and developments in the digital mass media. Cisco Systems' three-year deal to provide cable networking components to Comcast Cable for delivery of broadband services; Total members of Napster's file-sharing community; Motorola's definitive agreement to acquire Zenith's Network...
- LOCAL LISTINGS. Lafayette, Jon; Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p29
Reports on news and developments in the electronic mass media. WDJT-TV's preparation for its allocated digital channel, Channel 46; Appointment of reporter Furnell Chatman to be the weekend anchor at KNBC-TV; Reassignment of WBZ-TV anchor Liz Walker from evening to noon newscast.
- IN BRIEF. // Televisual;Oct2001, p7
Presents an update on television broadcasting as of October 2001. Appointment of Anthony Van Someran as creative director at Extreme Sports Channel Europe; Participation of exhibitors and buyers at the Mipcom television sales conference; Relocation of the business of Oxford Scientific Films in...
- KNST increases local flavor with call-in show. Rademacher, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;08/24/98, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p20
Reports on development related to mass media and broadcasting in Tucson, Arizona as of August 23, 1998. Includes KNST-AM 790 radio station's evolving newsradio format; Start of a public relations class at Pima Community College; Tucson's chapter of the American Women in Radio & Television's...
- Evaluators move to finish report on UNLV station. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;11/09/98, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p12
Presents mass media and broadcasting-related news items in Las Vegas, Nevada for the week of November 9, 1998. Includes report examining the organizational structure of KUNV-FM; KNPR-FM's airing of a new series, `DNA Files'; `Valley Observer's Chapter 7 bankruptcy liquidation case.
- 100,000 expected at national broadcasters confab in LV. // Las Vegas Business Press;04/19/99, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p15
Presents mass media-related news items in Las Vegas, Nevada for the week of April 19, 1999. Includes holding of the National Association of Broadcasters' convention; Nadia Wiggins' retirement as public information officer for the city; Maiden issue of the `thePAPER' magazine.
- Years of losses come to an end for private radio broadcasters. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;8/17/2001, p5
Reports on the revenues of private radio broadcasts in Canada in 2000. Profits before income tax; Growth of revenues from 1999 to 2000.
- Local radio exec picked for company's national board. Elliott, Robert // Inside Tucson Business;6/17/96, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p10
Reports on developments affecting the broadcasting and media industry in Tucson, Arizona as of June 17, 1996. Includes election of Laury Browning as member of the board of directors of Journal Broadcast Group Inc.; Selection of Jason Garrett as production director and midday personality for...