- Amoco primes the talent pump. Baumann, Barbara; Duncan, John // Personnel Journal;Feb96, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p79
Features Amoco Corporation, an oil and gas company, with information on its career-management program. What Amoco's Career Management (ACM) process seek to do for its employees; What prompted the company's chairman, H. Laurance `Larry' Fuller, to implement an ACM program. INSETS: Amoco's 7...
- What's the difference? Woolnough, Roisin // Personnel Today;6/1/2004, p23
Hertfordshire Constabulary's diversity training is based on challenging stereotypes. Police forces across the country have been working hard to address diversity issues since the publication of the Macpherson report. 'Welcoming Diversity' is one of the Hertfordshire force's eight core values,...
- Diverse challenges. Morris, Jonathan // BRW;7/25/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p64
Focuses on the efforts of the Australian federal government to encourage companies to take advantage of the cultural and linguistic diversity of their employees. Importance for more businesses to use the skills of their multicultural workers; Four benefits that companies can get from good...
- Diversify Your Recruitment Advertising. Thaler-Carter, Ruth E. // HR Magazine;Jun2001, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p92
Focuses on the increase in the recruitment advertisements of companies in recognition of the value of diversity in their workforce in the United States. Reasons more companies and organizations highlight diversity in their recruitment advertisements; Role of online recruiting.
- Culture shock. Wilson, Fran // People Management;5/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p53
Focuses on the importance of culture to personnel management in China. Impact of culture on employee performance; Relevance of cultural assessment to employee selection; Rate of unemployment in the country.
- The Role of Training in Advancing a Diversity Initiative. Burkart, Michael // Diversity Factor;Fall99, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p2
Describes the role of training in sustaining a successful diversity culture-change effort. Individual-oriented and system-oriented training; Leadership style; Accountability and reward systems; Human-resource practices; Orientation process for new employees; Target groups; Internal capacity.
- Diversity for free. // Training & Coaching Today;Feb2007, p4
The article focuses on the free diversity training offered across England by training company Academee and Remploy, which specialises in employing disabled people. The courses are intended for organisations with fewer than 250 staff in warehousing, logistics, catering, hospitality,...
- Getting the jump on Work Force 2000: Some helpful hints for managers. Hopkins, Willie A.; Hopkins, Shirley A. // Management Quarterly;Fall91, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p33
Discusses the importance of diversity training in dealing with the changing trends in the American workforce. William B. Johnston's study entitled `Workforce 2000: Work and Workers for the 21st Century'; Changing composition of the workforce; Impact of diversity training on organizational...
- Diversity Management. Ivancevich, Dr. John M.; Gilbert, Dr. Jacqueline A. // Public Personnel Management;Spring2000, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p75
There are now more new faces and diversity among the workforce than ever before and this trend is expected to continue into the 21st century. Managers in public and private organizations are searching for and experimenting with various approaches to more effectively deal with increasing...