Business chiefs take to stakeholding ideal
- OVER THERE. // Restaurant Business;8/15/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 16, p82
Focuses on the perception of industry stakeholder on the ideals of business expansion in Europe. Emergence of single trade rules and common currency; Complacency of trade restrictions; Balance of escalating operational costs.
- Becoming a Benefit Corporation. // Black Enterprise;Apr/May2013, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p12
The article offers tips for companies planning to become a benefit corporation which is required to create a general public benefit and to pursue goals beyond raising revenue or creating for shareholders.
- Metropolitan's BEE -- mark 2. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;9/14/2001, p26
Comments on the concept of economic empowerment as a business strategy in South Africa. Ways of measuring economic empowerment; Emphasis on operational control from equity control; Need for full empowerment of shareholders for building success business success.
- `Jury out' on Primestar plan. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;11/16/98, Vol. 128 Issue 47, p12
Focuses on Primestar Incorporated's announcement regarding key shareholders' continued pursuit of medium-power DBS business and the launching of a high-power service. Comments from Bear Stearns, analyst at Vijay Jayant; Information on the business plan presented to Primestar's board;...
- New Direct-Purchase Plan For ConocoPhillips. // DRIP Investor;Oct2002, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the implementation of a direct-purchase plan for shareholders by ConocoPhillips. Terms of the direct-purchase plan; Impact of the possibility of war in the Middle East on the performance of energy stocks.
- ACCOUNTING MODEL OF SALES PLANNING TO FULFILL SHAREHOLDERS' EXPECTATIONS. RAVAL, MANISH BHASKARBHAI // Essence: Journal of Management Science & Research;2014/2015, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p17
The importance of planning is discussed everywhere. In this constantly changing environment, no success can be achieved without planning. Planning is the only tool to handle the changes effectively. In a business firm, planning is required for all the activities, but the most important activity...
- Advanta Shifts Gears to Try Liquidation. // American Banker;1/14/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 8, p16
The article reports on the business activities of Advanta Corp. Advanta has stated that, instead of reorganizing while under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, it will liquidate all of its assets. A press release issued by Advanta stated that this would be the best way to maximize value for...
- HP PRESSES ON AS VOTES TALLIED. Popovich, Ken // eWeek;3/25/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p1
Reports the approval of the shareholders on the acquisition of Compaq Computer by Hewlett-Packard Co. in the U.S. Integration of products and employees; Removal of the uncertainty among customers; Combination of imaging and printing systems.
- How to improve techno-business. Hoske, Mark T. // Control Engineering;Nov2003, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p25
Gives advice on how to improve technology-interdependent business, based from a session at the 2003 Sensors Expo & Conference. Remarks from conference delegates; Formulation of a realistic plan to satisfy stakeholders and communicate progress; Emphasis on product-package design capabilities.