Plug pulled on Internet job service
- 10 easy tips for recruiting online. Williams, Mark; Klau, Ben // Workforce;Aug97 Supplement Staffing, Vol. 76, p13
Offers several tips for building an effective Internet recruiting center to increase visibility of job announcements at a reasonable cost. How to consider whether a company needs a Web site; Tips on how to figure out what to communicate and how a company want to do it; How to build...
- Site after death. J.M. // Inc.;1997 Inc. Technology 3, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p21
Discusses the creation of a Web site to help laid-off workers from Nets Inc., a Web-based company specializing in online commerce that declared bankruptcy, find new jobs. The creation of the Web site by software engineer Kevin Jarnet; The success of the site; The return of former employees to...
- How to recruit online. Talbott, Shannon Peters // Personnel Journal;Mar96 Supplement Recruitment, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p14
Presents steps in using the World Wide Web information retrieval system for recruitment purposes. Familiarization with the Internet; Research on available services; Identification of target audience.
- Recruiting via Internet on the rise. Bayne, Kim M. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Oct97, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p38
Presents information on the employing of marketing professionals via the Internet. How online resources are recruiting employees; Information for employers interested in online management databases; Details on the use of the Internet as an employment recruiting tool.
- Use Web pages to lure the best employees. // Executive Female (0199-2880);Mar/Apr97, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p25
Offers advice on how to use the World Wide Web home pages as a tool for attracting top-notch employees. Infancy of Internet recruiting; Companies hiring employees through the computer network.
- Recruiting on the Web. Girard, Peter; Chiger, Sherry // Catalog Age;Jan1998, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p49
Describes commercial catalogers' use of the Internet to recruit workers. Advantages of help-wanted advertising on the company's Web page; Involvement of additional work when advertising on the Web page; Success of stereo cataloger Crutch Field's recruiting operations on the Internet.
- On-line hiring moves from cyberspace to Main Street. Rodda, Kelli // Business Press;03/21/97, Vol. 9 Issue 47, p3
Focuses on the growing popularity of hiring on the Internet. Basic steps to a successful on-line job search; JWT Specialized Communications' survey of human resource professionals and job seekers; Advantages and disadvantages of using the Internet for job hunting.
- Recruiters turn to Internet to find and fill job openings. Dzikowski, Don // Fairfield County Business Journal;03/24/97, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p7
Discusses the cost- and time-saving advantages of job recruiting via the Internet. Attribution of MacTemps of Stamford's cost savings to a lower classified advertising budget and quicker turnaround; Internet as a natural gateway for reaching computer-savy individuals for high-tech positions;...
- Kea initiative provides greater access to skilled expats. // NZ Business;Mar2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p4
The article features the Kea Job Community online tool from the Kiwi Expat Association (Kea) which is designed to provide assistance to employers in New Zealand in seeking and attracting skilled Kiwi ex-patriots to return home and join their companies.