Recruitment: Information technology
- Good skill hunting. Hofman, Mike // Inc.;1998 Inc. Technology 4, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p28
Presents possible sources of cheap information technology talent. Students; Teachers; Nontechnical workers.
- Metamorphosis. Mandell, Janette // Software Magazine;Aug97, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p97
Focuses on the prerequisite skills needed to achieve job opportunities in areas of information technology (IT). Standard operating procedures of IT; Written communication as one of the weak spot of IT professionals; Tips on what to expect during interviews.
- IT service providers ready for boom time. Littlefield, David // People Management;1/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p8
Discusses employee recruitment in the information technology (IT) industry in Great Britain. Recruitment programs at Cap Gemini and International Business Machines Corp.; Rise in demand for IT expertise; Factors in the rapid industry expansion; Lucrative service contracts signed in 1997; Demand...
- How to get a job. Kavanagh, John // Computer Bulletin;Mar2003, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p20
The article discusses the challenges in getting an information technology (IT) job in Great Britain. IT skills in demand; Job hunting tips; Knowledge and skills that executives are looking for among IT professionals.
- Skilling up Linux. Kelly, Benedict // Finance Week;3/31/2003, p55
Examines the status of training and recruitment in the information technology sector. Reason why companies are reluctant to shift from Microsoft to Linux operating system; Reason behind the lack of demand for Linux professionals.
- Increase in IT recruitment levels continues into 2011. ADDICOTT, JASON // Computer Weekly;2/22/2011, Issue 8, p12
The article informs that the increase in recruitment level of the Information Technology (IT) continues in 2011.
- RECOVERY MIRAGE. Vaas, Lisa // eWeek;1/27/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p58
Focuses on the situation of the information technology (IT) job market in the U.S. as of January 27, 2003. Opinion of IT recruiters about the recovery in the market; Details provided by Information Technology Association of America on the issue; IT skills that enterprises are looking for while...
- Survey foretells info tech challenges. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;03/20/98, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p88
Presents information on the recruiting of high-quality staff for the information technology industry with reference to the `1998 HIMSS Leadership Survey. Identification for the co-sponsor of the survey; Where was the survey conducted; Insight on the results of the study; When will the results...
- EU ministers ready to drop plans to give contractors same rights as permanent staff. Goodwin, Bill // Computer Weekly;6/10/2003, p12
European ministers look set to abandon a controversial directive that could have allowed IT contractors to claim the same employment rights as permanent IT staff, after failing to reconcile deep political differences between Great Britain and other member states. The proposed law, which would...
- Scarcity of IT Workers is the Mother of Recruiter Innovations. Goth, Greg; Blank, Christine // IT Professional;Mar/Apr1999, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p15
Discusses recruiting techniques to find information technology (IT) workers in the United States. Scarcity of IT employees; Use of company web sites to search of IT jobs; Management of resume databases.